Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Restricted Forum User For Kunena 2.0

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #61 by JBHawaii
Will make a new thread for this...

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by JBHawaii.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #62 by ph-jps
Maybe a stupid question:

Is there going to be an update for Kunena 1.5.3?

More
14 years 9 months ago #63 by MacJoomla
I just made my restricted Forum with Kunena 1.5.3 and Joomla 1.5.12.

Its the way like JBHawaii did, but there is a component, making it easy to add usergroups without touching database directly. Just install Control and add new usergroup to joomla. Then go to Kunena Forumadministraton and assign this group to the forum you want to be restricted. Of course you have to put the users for this forum to the new group.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #64 by MartinRuthenberg
Has anybody got an idea how I could use this hack with Kunena 1.0.9, Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5?

There seems to be a conflict about the different user managements as there isn't shown any user when I want to add one to a restricted forum though I have chosen access "-registered" for this forum.

Martin
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by MartinRuthenberg.

More
14 years 9 months ago #65 by MacJoomla
MartinRuthenberg wrote:

Has anybody got an idea how I could use this hack with Kunena 1.0.9, Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5?

What i did should work with your combination. Just try it as explained in post one above yours. And best, its no hack, you dont have to touch joomla installaton files…

More
14 years 9 months ago #66 by MartinRuthenberg
Ok, MacJoomla, I'll give it a trail. When I red your posting before, I thought it couldn't work as Community Builder takes over user management control.

More
14 years 9 months ago #67 by MacJoomla
MartinRuthenberg wrote:

Ok, MacJoomla, I'll give it a trail. When I red your posting before, I thought it couldn't work as Community Builder takes over user management control.

i am using CB 1.2.1 too and it works. CB uses core usergroups of joomla. Honestly i have to say it works since two days, but it looks as if there arent any side effects… ;)

More
14 years 9 months ago #68 by Aenki
MacJoomla wrote:

I just made my restricted Forum with Kunena 1.5.3 and Joomla 1.5.12.

Its the way like JBHawaii did, but there is a component, making it easy to add usergroups without touching database directly. Just install Control and add new usergroup to joomla. Then go to Kunena Forumadministraton and assign this group to the forum you want to be restricted. Of course you have to put the users for this forum to the new group.

Hmm when I try to do this, I can create the group, put users in, and then set the access level on the forum admin page... but they still can't see it. Am I missing something?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #69 by MacJoomla
Aenki wrote:Hmm when I try to do this, I can create the group, put users in, and then set the access level on the forum admin page... but they still can't see it. Am I missing something?[/quote]

Please check, if your list view looks like my attached screenshot.

1. Did you publish category and forum? (Should you)
2. Did you restrict it to Admins and Moderators? (Shouldnt you)

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by MacJoomla.

More
14 years 9 months ago #70 by JBHawaii
very simple fix! Just re-sync your users in kunena control panel :)

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds