Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Restricted Forum User For Kunena 2.0

More
15 years 6 days ago #1 by baboon
Restricted Forum User For Kunena 2.0.

This is a Kunena hack who allow restricted access for user to specific category forum using a backend admin selection.

Works with Joomla 1.5 Legacy and Kunena 1.0.8.

It's the new version of the hack created by Dannymh and upgrade by Roland and Baboon, it's totally Lifetime free for sure !, we do it first for ou need and by the way share it for the communauty.

www.joomlarulez.com/the-news/52-restrict...rum-user-kunena.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 days ago #2 by Lintzy
Very nice, thanks for this. Does it give permissions only to users who can log in into backend?

More
15 years 6 days ago #3 by guerilla
thanks guys.
by the way "Additional Info icons" plugin for cb and kunena is great

More
15 years 6 days ago #4 by baboon
the access can be only set for registered user and forum by forum, just set the forum you want to registered and then give it access to user you want.

here is a little explain from Dannymh (the original dev)

The way that this all works is a simple concept which basically first checks whether the forum is a standard Kunena Private forum(core functionality).
It then checks if there are "Restricted Users" if there are then the forum is ONLY SHOWN TO THOSE USERS ASSIGNED TO IT.
I had to shout that, because this means the forum is even hidden from other Administrators and Moderaters unless they are assigned to it.
This is how I designed it because my needs are specific forums for specific people).
That's basically it, all part of the core and all private as private can be.
If there are no users assigned to the forum, then it reverts back to the core functionality of Joomla Group level access.

More
15 years 6 days ago #5 by johnnydement
Many thanks for this, as is something many people was requesting ;)

More
15 years 6 days ago #6 by spaceclown
I SO apprecaite this! I can't wait.

More
15 years 6 days ago #7 by grumblemarc
You don't have to. Go to the site, register and download.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 6 days ago #8 by johnnydement
would be good to publish instructions for those having already hacked forums ;)

More
15 years 6 days ago #9 by grumblemarc

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #10 by spaceclown
So I created a forum and set registered users. I open the hack and added a regular user. Cleared joomla cache, JRE cache, browser cached, logged out and back in and still don't see anything. Any advice? I 777 the kunena componects in admin and user.

I also hit the url to the forum as the user and it says it's restricted.
Last edit: 15 years 6 days ago by spaceclown.

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds