Kunena 6.3.2 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.2 [K 6.3.2] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3
Note: Please go to the Kunena Dashboard after an upgrade so that the Kunena database tables are also updated.

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 1 week ago #381 by franklyhollywood
I can't get the Discuss plug in to work properly, and I could really use some help on this one. It is just spinning. I thikn it may have to do with a template on my kunena site....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #382 by franklyhollywood
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/content/99/5848599/html/cancer/libraries/joomla/environment/uri.php on line 717

this is what I am getting for the error....

More
14 years 1 week ago #383 by Vlad the Impostor
Not an answer, another question.

I've got "Auto Discuss Link"s enabled, overriden for specific articles.
However, "Quick post"s for the automatically generated links aren't visible in the forum.

It seems that they are getting entered into the tables (<J!>_fb_messages & _fb_messages_text), but are getting created with a thread id of zero, so increase the number of replies in the forum, but they're aren't visible as messages!

Any thoughts?

V

More
14 years 1 week ago #384 by schumaku
A minor issue, easy to fix: After having KunenaDiscuss 2.0 beta plugin up for a while, we spotted log entries from every IE7 plugin access.

[see txt attachment]

Ok, IE7 should have been replaced with IE8 in the meantime - interestingly, there are mote out than we imagined.

Thanks to Jaroslav for the plugin, and to everybody in the great Kunena work!

-Kurt.

PS. We are glad to support the Kunena project, but with this kind of ridiculous forum protection (all the attachment was not accepted - no dangerous code at all...) it's a pain.

File Attachment:

File Name: kunenadisc...tion.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 week ago #385 by xillibit
Hello,

What is this kunenadiscuss 2.0 ? i never heard before

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 week ago #386 by schumaku
KunenaDiscuss a Joomla content comment component, allowing the users to leave comments on Joomla content items in the forum. It is possible to create a 1:1 relation from the content entry to a certain forum, or by default make use of a predefined forum area.

FMI: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...orum-extensions/9292

Greetz,

-Kurt.

PS. Please move entry to Kunena > Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options > Plugin - posted by accident one level to high.

More
14 years 1 week ago #387 by xillibit
I thought that the version 2.0 was for a new version kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #388 by sozzled
"KunenaDiscuss 2.0 beta" is the same software that, according to the JED, was developed for K 1.5.4. The biggest problem that we moderators have with this software is the variable level of support. It appears that the developer does not have the time to fix the problems that are being reported.

For these reasons I have merged all the discussions about KunenaDiscuss into one thread in the attempt to draw people's attention to the facts: KunenaDiscuss (whatever version it's called) was not developed by the Kunena team, is not supported by the Kunena project (nor will it be) and is not endorsed by the Kunena development team nor guaranteed to work with K 1.5.11.

From the time that Kunena started there has never been a discussbot plugin officially recommended for use with Kunena.

A new discussbot plugin is being developed by the Kunena developers for for K 1.6 but it has not be released to the public for testing. The new software is a total rewrite. The new "K 1.6" software will be supported by the Kunena team.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #389 by schumaku
sozzled wrote:

For these reasons I have merged all the discussions about KunenaDiscuss into one thread in the attempt to draw people's attention to the facts: KunenaDiscuss (whatever version it's called) was not developed by the Kunena team, is not supported by the Kunena project (nor will it be) and is not endorsed by the Kunena development team nor guaranteed to work with K 1.5.11.

This is why the forum is placed under Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options. Nobody expects the official Kunena team supporting it actively. The plugin works smoothly with the latest Joomla 1.5.x and K 1.5.x. Certainly, a more structured approach as feasible with a API coming with K 1.6 will change the situation, but more on that later.

Why do you fight against KunenaDiscuss plugin here?

From the time that Kunena started there has never been a discussbot plugin officially recommended for use with Kunena.

Re-read and try to understand the meaning of this tree in the Kunena forum: Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options Honestly, you are wrong with this position in this part of the forum forest.

A new discussbot plugin is being developed by the Kunena developers for for K 1.6 but it has not be released to the public for testing. The new software is a total rewrite. The new "K 1.6" software will be supported by the Kunena team.

Many users already using complex designs, components, modules, or plugins - already making use of the J!1.5 _standard_ mootools, moving to K 1.6 based on mootoosl v1.2 is certainly not an option, unless the K team manages to completely isolate mootools v1.2 from the Joomla standard environment.

Yes, we are aware of the mootools12 system plugin, replacing J!1.5 standard mootool libraries with a compatibility layer. Why ever, the later one is not "good enough" yet to cover typical situations.

For my part, I am glad to help, but with this kind of limited code posting options (under the hood named sever security) the team here does not make it easy enough. Worse: Instead, the team (represented by a moderator) seems to mess-up forum entries instead. Not convinced, this is the appropriate approach to attract people. From this view, I let it open to the reader who or what is misguided here.

Regards,
-Kurt.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled. Reason: very minor change to user's BBcode to improve appearance

More
14 years 1 week ago #390 by sozzled
schumaku: I am not "fighting" or writing against KunenaDiscuss. The KunenaDiscuss plugin is simply not a development of the Kunena project and, for that reason, any discussions relating to it belong outside of the categories established for discussing the core Kunena product(s). It seems quite reasonable to me to place discussions in a category of the Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options section. Please do not assert that I am wrong when you don't know if I am or if I am not.

My intention in writing what I did was to highlight the problems that many people have in knowing how to ask questions about KunenaDiscuss. If you have been regularly following discussions at this website (like I have and for as long as I have) you may have seen that people post messages about KunenaDiscuss in the support, installation, common questions and other categories reserved for discussions about Kunena because many people are unaware of the distinction between what is Kunena and what is something else. Therefore, to minimise the confusion about KunenaDiscuss, we have brought together in one place all the discussion topics relating to it. It is not my fault that more questions are asked about KunenaDiscuss than people are able to answer. In spite of what you may read at the Joomla Extensions Directory , this is not the KunenaDiscuss support forum.

schumaku wrote:

For my part, I am glad to help, but with this kind of limited code posting options (under the hood named sever security) the team here does not make it easy enough. Worse: Instead, the team (represented by a moderator) seems to mess-up forum entries instead. Not convinced, this is the appropriate approach to attract people. From this view, I let it open to the reader who or what is misguided here.

If you would like to help then please help. If you have a specific problem being able to help then please let me know. If I have erred or I have exacerbated the difficulties that users have in interacting with this forum that was definitely not my intention and, if you can show me where, specifically, I have made a mistake, I will do everything in my power to make things right. However you have not shown me my error; you have merely asserted that I was wrong. I'm sorry, but that isn't good enough.

Yes, we occasionally mess up things (me more than anyone else, I admit) because we're human. But we also admit our errors when they are pointed out to us. I respect your opinions; please try to understand mine. B)

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds