Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #301 by sozzled
I replied to this topic at first because I thought the question related to Kunena. However, after I delved deeper, I realised that it has nothing to do with Kunena at all. :blush: The question relates to the KunenaDiscuss plugin.

There is a rather curious, confusing state of affairs here. According to the Joomla Extensions Directory , KunenaDiscuss plugin is available from a very different location to where you download Kunena. Also, although the Kunena Configuration settings allow for integration of this plugin with the forum, neither the credits page nor the Kunena Configuration module helps users find where to download it. So, this suggests that KunenaDiscuss is not an "official" part of Kunena. But the developer (Jaroslav Kadubec) uses this Kunena site as his support forum . :ohmy:

This is likely to give users the impression that users of this website can ask questions about KunenaDiscuss, which was developed independently of and is not supported by the developers of Kunena. Of course users of this website can ask those questions, but I think a separate forum category should be set aside for them along with the disclaimer that those topics are not officially endorsed by the developers of Kunena. Further, because KunenaDiscuss is currently released as a "beta" product, this means that it's not necessarily stable nor recommended for production sites.

I'm sorry I have written so much (and I'm sorry I can't help those who have asked for an answer, because I don't know anything about how KunenaDiscuss works), but I thought it was important to discuss the fact that Kunena and KunenaDiscuss are separate products. Although these two products share the convenience of common help forum, the differences may confuse many users.

From what I've read, though, KunenaDiscuss looks quite promising and I think Jerry should be congratulated for sharing his ideas with this community. B)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #302 by caroll
Hi everyone,

I do my first steps with kunena discuss bot which hopefully will solve some of my problems. At first look, it really does, it's a great little helper!!

Nevertheless, I ran into a problem.

I want to list several news on the homepage of our website. Under each of these news item there should be a link saying "Discuss this news item in the forum".

I tried to achieve this in several ways, but without success so far. When building the site with modules (one news item per module, having put the {mos_fb_discuss:xy} to the article which is dedicated to the module), it only shows the correct link "Discuss this in the forum" once for the complete page, but not for each news item...

What do I do wrong? Or is this not possible with the bot?

I do hope for those clever guys out there ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #303 by halo3montage
Jerry, will you consider adding HWDvideoshare support to Kunena discuss. We currently use a modified version of your Discussbot. It works pretty well but I think it could work much better if you included HWD options with your plugin.

Related topics...

forum.hwdmediashare.co.uk/forum/26-problems-hwdvs/24006
forum.hwdmediashare.co.uk/forum/26-problems-hwdvs/24288

Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #304 by tomsson
Good night , my english is bad, sorry for that :)

on my page , wirtualnyelk.pl/forum/19-wiadomo-ci/133-pomog-znale-prace.html
you can see, I got installed and run discussbot for kunena.

I don't know how to remove or chenge this text "FBDB_POST_DISCUSS:"

can you help me ?

More
14 years 2 months ago #305 by sozzled
The KunenaDiscuss plugin isn't something I know much about and I don't even know if the Kunena developers have expressed an interest in officially endorsing it, either, but I'll try to help you as best as I can. :blush:

If you look at the KunenaDiscuss installation package, you will see a number of language-specific files (for example, en-GB.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini). One would imagine that you need a Polish translation for your website and you would also need to change the XML parameter file (kunenadiscuss.xml) to use your language file.

You will probably need to create a file called pl-PL.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini with Polish translations of the KunenaDiscuss constants. I would guess that you would also need to add to the XML definition something like this:\

<languages>
<language tag="en-GB">en-GB.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="cs-CZ">cs-CZ.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="de-DE">de-DE.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="el-EL">el-GR.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="es-ES">es-ES.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="fi-FI">fi-FI.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="fr-FR">fr-FR.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="it-IT">it-IT.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="lv-LV">lv-LV.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="nl-NL">nl-NL.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="pl-PL">pl-PL.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="ru-RU">ru-RU.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="sk-SK">sk-SK.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="sr-RS">sr-RS.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="sr-YU">sr-YU.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
<language tag="sv-SE">sv-SE.plg_content_kunenadiscuss.ini</language>
</languages>

Perhaps someone else, with better knowledge of this third-party plugin can provide you with a better answer.

To the moderators: please move this to Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options » User Contributions » Plugins

More
14 years 2 months ago #306 by tomsson
Thank you

I found much easier solutions

in the file of discussbot //plugins/content/kunenadiscuss.php I was chenge this text ""FBDB_POST_DISCUSS:" :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #307 by sozzled
Yeah, well, like I said, I don't know too much about that plugin ... :lol:

More
14 years 2 months ago #308 by dannymarr
I'm having trouble understanding the whole catg id thing. Please, could I get a quick run though in how it works? Thanks!

[IMG

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #309 by sozzled
I'm only guessing here, because I don't use the KunenaDiscuss plugin, but the screenshot shown in #38400 looks very familiar to me (identical to what I remember of the old ObjectClarity Discussbot plugin on which KunenaDiscuss was modelled).

So, you can wait (days, weeks, months, perhaps) for the definitive answer (if there is one) or you can head on over to the old ObjectClarity website where you may find some general ideas to get you started. See www.objectclarity.com/index.php?option=c...view&id=17&Itemid=51 , for example.

I hope this helps. :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #310 by dannymarr
Thanks for the help sozzled!

I figured out how it works!

If you read the prompt, you need to tell Kunena Discuss what Joomla Category you want to link to Kunena Forum Category.

[IMG

To find the Catg Id (catid) you need to go to an article that is in the Joomla Category you want to link. Then you look in the address bar and the catid will be there.

[IMG

OR

Go to the Category Manager and it will be listed in the right-most column.

[IMG

To find the Kunena Forum Category ID go to the back-end and Kunena Forum -> Forum Administration. You'll find the ID listed in next to the forum categories.

[IMG

Then its a matter of typing it correctly in the plugin. E.g. If I want my Sneaking Suspicion book review article to appear in the Suggestion Box I type "39,3" in the Auto J!-Kunena Catg Id pair box.

That's it! Hope it helps :).
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by dannymarr. Reason: Found out that you can see the catid in Category Manager

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds