Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #271 by FENIX
I have the same views of all pages you provided.
but I didn't want Kunena post (using discussbot) appeared under my articles. So I wanted JComment comments for articles and Discussbot for forum posting.
Otherwise we recieve two different types of commenting under one article and this is not good, is it?
If you do not want this, just go to plugin parameters and the first setting "Limit Posts" put to "0". As the result all discussions of articles you will see only at Forum and not under your articles together with JComment comments
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by FENIX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #272 by aleks
Thanks for the answer Fenix.

I know, that maybe my expectations were too unrealistic, but I was sure all the time, that people using for example JComments at the article will be able to talk with people loged on forum, and that they will see eachothers posts in one order.

Fenix - But I dont understand what do you need the bot for, when you dont display the conversation from forum under the article. Just for the link leading to forum?

I think, that for me its gonna be much better to display the conversation from forum by DiscussBot under the article, and if someone wants to join the conversation about article he will simply go to forum by one click. JComments out! :)

Once again thanks a lot for great job Jerry! Sory for making a little mess at the topic, but maybe some others will find it useful.

More
14 years 5 months ago #273 by FENIX
Well, yes, frankly speaking your expectations were really fantastic :P

As for my website: you know, it was my way out of using lady-fenix.com as Blog for joomla freshers and common people and as a service for professionals both.
It is hard to put these a little bit different things together.But using Jcomment and Kunena forum helps me to catch any guest. Even the laziest! :laugh:
Some people hate registering - they can leave a comment without it.
At the same time professionals prefer to be appreciated so they have some kind of "VIP" zone - Kunena Forum.

That's it! :)

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #274 by miamiman
Yes, my congratulations go out to the developer!

Everything is working as expected. However, when the content is pulled into the forums, all the accent marks come out messed up.

It's only in the content and NOT the title...

Please see sample.

"a colección de microfilms que posee la Sociedad Genealógica de Utah se preservan en un lugar especial conocido como “las montañas de granito&#8221"

Any idea how/where to make modification.

Thanks!
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by miamiman.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #275 by Azure
Hi Jerry and thanks for this very innovative widget.

I have set it up on a clients test site and have the "Discuss this item on the forums" text appearing at the bottom of articles as they want it but when clicking on this link and despite being logged in, I get taken to the forum where I am advised "You do not have access to this forum!"

I want to be able to do "what it says on the tin" :) by not assigning a forum thread but allowing your plugin to automagically do this. That way my client doesn't ever have to worry about locating an article's id and then remembering to place the code at the end of each article. Anything for an easy life right and that's what you are trying to achieve with this clever gadget, right? ;)

Am I missing something on the configuration settings in the back-end and/or in the forum setup for this to happen?

My Joomla setup is - Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT. I'm also using Joni JNM's fantastic fork - JoniJnm API 1.3.16 on Kunena 1.5.7 | 2009-11-18 | 1851 [ Kuiskaus ].

Cheers,

Azure

"Do or do not, there is no try..."
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Azure.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #276 by mumins
Replied by mumins on topic Re: problem with Myblog
At first - good news, plugin works for K2 too.

Second - still have problems with Myblog. There was discussion:

mumins wrote:
Ermm, yes, because i get Discuss this item on the forums. (8 posts) in MyBlog.
Problem is something different. No quickform or any posts.
8=@

Actually it's pretty simple. Myblog is kind of blog page, so you need to set show on blog page - full. :)
HaND, Jerry

I try to set out my problem.

Everything working fine with Joomla articles, e.g. Show on Blog Pages - Link.
Debug for ARTICLE Category Blog view:
Code:
[KDiscuss debug: manualoverride disabled - removing tags. ] [KDiscuss debug: Searching for {mos_fb_discuss:#} tag in article text... None found. ] [KDiscuss debug: Using Auto-Mode to discuss article in FB CategoryId:10 ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering START ] [KDiscuss debug: Found the FB threadId in the cross reference table(#__fb_discussbot). ] [KDiscuss debug: User is logged in. ] [KDiscuss debug: Article Id is 398 ] [KDiscuss debug: Building QuickPost form for Id 398 ] [KDiscuss debug: Smilies displayed Left of the QuickPost form. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 2 actual post(s) in this thread #386. ] [KDiscuss debug: Displaying Intro, link to the forum only. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counting posts with:SELECT count(id) from #__fb_messages where hold=0 AND thread!=id AND thread=386 ] [KDiscuss debug: botCopyContent:2 ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 1 displayed posts in this thread with holds and the copied content removed. ] [KDiscuss debug: Building a simple link to create new posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing QuickPost above the article comments. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering END ] [KDiscuss debug: Tag removed ] [KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=398. ]
Fine, i see Discuss this item on the forums. (1 posts)

Debug for ARTICLE full article view:
Code:
[KDiscuss debug: manualoverride disabled - removing tags. ] [KDiscuss debug: Searching for {mos_fb_discuss:#} tag in article text... None found. ] [KDiscuss debug: Using Auto-Mode to discuss article in FB CategoryId:10 ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering START ] [KDiscuss debug: Found the FB threadId in the cross reference table(#__fb_discussbot). ] [KDiscuss debug: User is logged in. ] [KDiscuss debug: Article Id is 398 ] [KDiscuss debug: Building QuickPost form for Id 398 ] [KDiscuss debug: Smilies displayed Left of the QuickPost form. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 2 actual post(s) in this thread #386. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering Comments with 2 actual posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Limiting rendered comments to 25 posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing Last posts in the thread in Ascending order. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #387. ] [KDiscuss debug: Hiding first post with method #3 of first-thread-handling. ] [KDiscuss debug: Building a simple link to create new posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing QuickPost above the article comments. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering END ] [KDiscuss debug: Tag removed ] [KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=398. ]
Fine, i see collapsed link to Quick Post form, then link Discuss this item on the forums. (1 posts), then post text.
Well, everything is OK.

Now - headcache with MyBlog.
Debug for MyBlog Category Blog view:
Code:
[KDiscuss debug: manualoverride disabled - removing tags. ] [KDiscuss debug: Searching for {mos_fb_discuss:#} tag in article text... None found. ] [KDiscuss debug: Using Auto-Mode to discuss article in FB CategoryId:10 ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering START ] [KDiscuss debug: Found the FB threadId in the cross reference table(#__fb_discussbot). ] [KDiscuss debug: User is logged in. ] [KDiscuss debug: Article Id is 52 ] [KDiscuss debug: Building QuickPost form for Id 52 ] [KDiscuss debug: Smilies displayed Left of the QuickPost form. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 9 actual post(s) in this thread #33. ] [KDiscuss debug: Displaying Intro, link to the forum only. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counting posts with:SELECT count(id) from #__fb_messages where hold=0 AND thread!=id AND thread=33 ] [KDiscuss debug: botCopyContent:2 ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 8 displayed posts in this thread with holds and the copied content removed. ] [KDiscuss debug: Building a simple link to create new posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing QuickPost above the article comments. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering END ] [KDiscuss debug: Tag removed ] [KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=52. ]
Fine, i see Discuss this item on the forums. (8 posts)

Debug for MyBlog full blog (full text) record view:
Code:
[KDiscuss debug: manualoverride disabled - removing tags. ] [KDiscuss debug: Searching for {mos_fb_discuss:#} tag in article text... None found. ] [KDiscuss debug: Using Auto-Mode to discuss article in FB CategoryId:10 ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering START ] [KDiscuss debug: Found the FB threadId in the cross reference table(#__fb_discussbot). ] [KDiscuss debug: User is logged in. ] [KDiscuss debug: Article Id is 52 ] [KDiscuss debug: Building QuickPost form for Id 52 ] [KDiscuss debug: Smilies displayed Left of the QuickPost form. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 9 actual post(s) in this thread #33. ] [KDiscuss debug: Displaying Intro, link to the forum only. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counting posts with:SELECT count(id) from #__fb_messages where hold=0 AND thread!=id AND thread=33 ] [KDiscuss debug: botCopyContent:2 ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 8 displayed posts in this thread with holds and the copied content removed. ] [KDiscuss debug: Building a simple link to create new posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing QuickPost above the article comments. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering END ] [KDiscuss debug: Tag removed ] [KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=52. ]
And i see only Discuss this item on the forums. (8 posts). No quickpost form, no any of 8 posts (and debug show it).

If i set Show on Blog Pages - Full
Debug for MyBlog full blog (full text) record view:
Code:
[KDiscuss debug: manualoverride disabled - removing tags. ] [KDiscuss debug: Searching for {mos_fb_discuss:#} tag in article text... None found. ] [KDiscuss debug: Using Auto-Mode to discuss article in FB CategoryId:10 ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering START ] [KDiscuss debug: Found the FB threadId in the cross reference table(#__fb_discussbot). ] [KDiscuss debug: User is logged in. ] [KDiscuss debug: Article Id is 52 ] [KDiscuss debug: Building QuickPost form for Id 52 ] [KDiscuss debug: Smilies displayed Left of the QuickPost form. ] [KDiscuss debug: Counted 9 actual post(s) in this thread #33. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering Comments with 9 actual posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Limiting rendered comments to 25 posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing Last posts in the thread in Ascending order. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #45. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #43. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #41. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #40. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #38. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #37. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #36. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #34. ] [KDiscuss debug: Hiding first post with method #3 of first-thread-handling. ] [KDiscuss debug: Building a simple link to create new posts. ] [KDiscuss debug: Showing QuickPost above the article comments. ] [KDiscuss debug: Rendering END ] [KDiscuss debug: Tag removed ] [KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=52. ]
Well i see Quick Post and comments, but now of course i see ARTICLE Category Blog view and MyBlog Category Blog view all comments too, what's not usable at all.

Looks like if show on Blog Pages - Link discussbot can't see difference between MyBlog articles category view and full text view.
8=@

Please Jerry, give some guidelines/explanation.
Maybe something wrong there?
Code:
$isFrontPage = JRequest::getVar('view') == 'frontpage'; $isBlogPage = JRequest::getVar('layout') == 'blog'; // before && (JRequest::getVar('view') == 'category') || JRequest::getVar('view') == 'section'); if ($isBlogPage || $this->isMyBlogPage) { $show = $botShowOnBlogPages; } else if ($isFrontPage) { $show = $botShowOnFrontPage; } else { $show = $botShowOnOtherPages; } $isStaticContent = !$article->sectionid && !$article->catid;
but looks OK.

Discussbot settings:
Joomla 1.5.14, Kunena 1.5.7 (not modified or jj edition) - default_ex template , Discussbot 2.0b, MyBlog 3.0 Build 329 - default template.

Discussbot plugin is first on content plugin group.
There is JomSocial 1.5.248 on this site too - but i dont think thats make problem.
I try with sh404SEF enabled/disabled - no difference.

Ufff, long text, but i really can't find way out of this problem.

Thanks for advance
m.

P.S.
Sorry for my english, i try to write in straightforward language.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by mumins.

More
14 years 4 months ago #277 by proterra
Where I finde the language file after installation. In the language folder I missed them.

E-Mail: Can I delete the e-mail field?

Can I use other catcha? It isn´t not so much secure.

More
14 years 4 months ago #278 by mumins
proterra wrote:

Where I finde the language file after installation. In the language folder I missed them.

E-Mail: Can I delete the e-mail field?

Can I use other catcha? It isn´t not so much secure.

1. install proper language for administrator (not site) - then /administrator/language
2. i think no, but not sure.
3. no, sure

m.

More
14 years 4 months ago #279 by Feda
Hello, I am using newest Joomla and also newest Kunena. The only way that I get my answers and also a link displayed is to take the "full"-option, but this makes no sense for us. we have to leave all these options at "nothing", so that there is only a discuss-button at the end of an article or the postings for this article. If I switch fo "nothing" I don't see a discuss-button and also not existing postings. here the edbug text:

[KDiscuss debug: Not allowed on component/print/pdf/frontpage/blog page/not published page/not valid content item - removing tags. ]
[KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=79. ]

any ideas?

Site is www.dnevna-kladionica.com

More
14 years 4 months ago #280 by lbarriocanal
Use {mos_fb_discuss:catid}

{mos_KUNENA_discuss:catid} doest' works

Time to create page: 0.683 seconds