×
Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Solved [Merged topic] Kunena Latest doesn't display posts to visitors

More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by RoB ReZNoR
hi all,
i have a problem with kunena latest,
kunena latest don't show post to visitors but only if a registered user is logged
someone can help me, thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor change to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
What are your settings for
  1. Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only; and
  2. for each of your forum categories:
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Public Access Level
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Include Child Groups
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by RoB ReZNoR

sozzled wrote: What are your settings for

  1. Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only; and
  2. for each of your forum categories:
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Public Access Level
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Include Child Groups


good morning,
my settings in security settings » registered users is set to NO and the access to visit the forum is public without need to be registered

and the category manager » settings » public access level in set to all
this is the problem i don't know why visitors can't show the latest posts..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
(1) What is your setting for
  • Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period
(2) Indirectly related, but depending on the answer to (1) above, what are your settings for each of
  • Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
(3) Perhaps less directly related to the answers given in (1) and (2) above but as a general hint, please also read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? which may save us asking more questions to find out why the Kunena Latest module is not working for you the way that you want it to.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by RoB ReZNoR

sozzled wrote: (1) What is your setting for

  • Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period
(2) Indirectly related, but depending on the answer to (1) above, what are your settings for each of
  • Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
(3) Perhaps less directly related to the answers given in (1) and (2) above but as a general hint, please also read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? which may save us asking more questions to find out why the Kunena Latest module is not working for you the way that you want it to.


hi,
in time period is set to since last visit

Session Lifetime is 1800, Cache Settings path /../../../tmp
and Session Lifetime in Global Configuration » System is 15 minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Based on those values, if the same guest visits, from the same PC, and there's been a post made in between when they logged out and when they refreshed the page, they might see something on the "latest posts" module; most of the time the Kunena Latest module will show nothing. Choose a different value (e.g. last week, last month, etc.). If the cache is on, turn it off.

Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period = Since last visit

The above setting is only useful (perhaps) for logged-in registered members, not for guest visitors. When you think about it, how would the system know when the same guest last visited your site when there is no record kept of that guest's "visit"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nilsy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by RoB ReZNoR

sozzled wrote: Based on those values, if the same guest visits, from the same PC, and there's been a post made in between when they logged out and when they refreshed the page, they might see something on the "latest posts" module; most of the time the Kunena Latest module will show nothing. Choose a different value (e.g. last week, last month, etc.). If the cache is on, turn it off.

Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period = Since last visit

The above setting is only useful (perhaps) for logged-in registered members, not for guest visitors. When you think about it, how would the system know when the same guest last visited your site when there is no record kept of that guest's "visit"?


i've changed it to one month and now guests can see the posts
thanks for the help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #8 by PIC
I'm having the same issue, but my settings seem fine. public users cannot see the posts!


Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #9 by Matias
Two questions:

Can guests view topics in forum itself?
Have you any posts written in last month? (another setting)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #10 by Josh
For some reason I was having the same exact problem. I stayed logged in this whole time not knowing that non logged in users could not see my forum. :whistle: For some reason even when going through all the permissions and such it still does not display to the public.

But after experimenting with the category permissions when I change it from "User Groups" to "Access Level" it suddenly works! :cheer: (with setting it to public of course) But I don't understand why using "User Groups" does not work for non logged in users. :huh:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds