Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Solved [Merged topic] Kunena Latest doesn't display posts to visitors

More
12 years 9 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by RoB ReZNoR
hi all,
i have a problem with kunena latest,
kunena latest don't show post to visitors but only if a registered user is logged
someone can help me, thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor change to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
What are your settings for
  1. Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only; and
  2. for each of your forum categories:
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Public Access Level
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Include Child Groups
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by RoB ReZNoR

sozzled wrote: What are your settings for

1. Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only; and
  2. for each of your forum categories:
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Public Access Level
    • Category Manager » <category> » Settings » Include Child Groups

good morning,
my settings in security settings » registered users is set to NO and the access to visit the forum is public without need to be registered

and the category manager » settings » public access level in set to all
this is the problem i don't know why visitors can't show the latest posts..

More
12 years 9 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
(1) What is your setting for
  • Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period
(2) Indirectly related, but depending on the answer to (1) above, what are your settings for each of
  • Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
(3) Perhaps less directly related to the answers given in (1) and (2) above but as a general hint, please also read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? which may save us asking more questions to find out why the Kunena Latest module is not working for you the way that you want it to.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by RoB ReZNoR

sozzled wrote: (1) What is your setting for

• Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period
(2) Indirectly related, but depending on the answer to (1) above, what are your settings for each of
  • Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
(3) Perhaps less directly related to the answers given in (1) and (2) above but as a general hint, please also read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? which may save us asking more questions to find out why the Kunena Latest module is not working for you the way that you want it to.

hi,
in time period is set to since last visit

Session Lifetime is 1800, Cache Settings path /../../../tmp
and Session Lifetime in Global Configuration » System is 15 minutes.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Based on those values, if the same guest visits, from the same PC, and there's been a post made in between when they logged out and when they refreshed the page, they might see something on the "latest posts" module; most of the time the Kunena Latest module will show nothing. Choose a different value (e.g. last week, last month, etc.). If the cache is on, turn it off.

Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period = Since last visit

The above setting is only useful (perhaps) for logged-in registered members, not for guest visitors. When you think about it, how would the system know when the same guest last visited your site when there is no record kept of that guest's "visit"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nilsy

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by RoB ReZNoR

sozzled wrote: Based on those values, if the same guest visits, from the same PC, and there's been a post made in between when they logged out and when they refreshed the page, they might see something on the "latest posts" module; most of the time the Kunena Latest module will show nothing. Choose a different value (e.g. last week, last month, etc.). If the cache is on, turn it off.

Kunena Latest module: Module Parameters » Time Period = Since last visit

The above setting is only useful (perhaps) for logged-in registered members, not for guest visitors. When you think about it, how would the system know when the same guest last visited your site when there is no record kept of that guest's "visit"?

i've changed it to one month and now guests can see the posts
thanks for the help :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by PIC
I'm having the same issue, but my settings seem fine. public users cannot see the posts!

Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by Matias
Two questions:

Can guests view topics in forum itself?
Have you any posts written in last month? (another setting)

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #10 by Josh
For some reason I was having the same exact problem. I stayed logged in this whole time not knowing that non logged in users could not see my forum. :whistle: For some reason even when going through all the permissions and such it still does not display to the public.

But after experimenting with the category permissions when I change it from "User Groups" to "Access Level" it suddenly works! :cheer: (with setting it to public of course) But I don't understand why using "User Groups" does not work for non logged in users. :huh:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Josh.

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds