Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [solved] where are the languages in kunena 1.6 (joomla 1.5.20)?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by bredchic
Hello,
first: thanks for Kunena!

I have joomla 1.5.20 + Joom!Fish Version V2.0.4 + kunena 1.6 (ugraded from 1.5.something yesterday).
I've never used it, but I'm going to soon.

I have 3 languages in my website: english (default), Italian and German.
The question is: even if I switch from a language to another kunena is always in English. Shouldn't it change language? How does it work?

Thanks!
Michele
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by bredchic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Kunena follow the settings made in language manager, if you set italian you will have italian in kunena too, but i don't know why it's doesn't work in your case.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bredchic

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by bredchic
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I tried to reinstall. I think that it installs English only (I don't know why ->look the image attached ).
Maybe there is any other way to install the languages in a second step? Other solution?
Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by bredchic
I was also thinking abount this solution (as mine is not a clean install but an upgrade from 1.5.12 and I have nothing to loose):
completely remove kunena and reinstall it. I read that there should be an automatic removing tool but I cannot see it. Can you advice me how to do it?

thanks again

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #5 by jeff_j_dunlap
I installed the Spanish (frontend) language and set it as the default language.

Anyway, my Kunena installation is still in English.

I went into the following Kunena directory and no es-ES directory exists, only en-GB as seen here:
..\components\com_kunena\template\default\language\en-GB

Please advise
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by jeff_j_dunlap. Reason: removed an unecessary comment that may have caused some confusion

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit
You need to install Joomla! core language for spanish or others languages that you want use, else the kunena language will be not installed.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #7 by Mortti

xillibit wrote: You need to install Joomla! core language for spanish or others languages that you want use, else the kunena language will be not installed.

He wrote:

I have 3 languages in my website: english (default), Italian and German.

Why he should spanish Joomla! Core language installed ? Okey... I see just read that one other user(jeff_j_dunlap) tried to steal the topic... please do your own topic's....
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mortti.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #8 by bredchic
yes, please. I think we are messing up the topic.
I have these 3 languages (for front-end, not the back-end) in joomla.
Shell I install the languages in my backend too?

How can I completerly remove kunena in order to make a clan-install?
or
how can I add another language to kunena 1.6?
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by bredchic.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by jeff_j_dunlap
With all due respect, if you re-read the topic you should notice that I did not steal the topic, but am simply contributing to it since my problem is almost identical to bredchic's issue.

More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by jeff_j_dunlap

xillibit wrote: You need to install Joomla! core language for spanish or others languages that you want use, else the kunena language will be not installed.

Thank you for your response. This is what I did but it did not work:

- I installed the Joomla core (front end) language and set it to default from the 'Language Manager'.

- Since Kunena was still in English, I reinstalled Kunena. Kunena still in English.

- I decided to look in the directory below and did not see any directory installed for Spanish:
..\components\com_kunena\template\default\language\en-GB

- I relaxed security to a minimum on the site just to make sure that it was not an access issue.

- I reinstalled Kunena and still no Kunena Spanish files. Kunena still in English.

I wouldn't mind manually extracting the language files from the Kunena installation but I am unsure what steps to take or if anything else needs to be edited.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds