Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Upgrading to 1.6.5 "not possible to delete xxx.php"

More
12 years 4 months ago #11 by WCMCC
Thanks,
I've read everything that I could find inc installation guidelines and followed them to the letter.
I did not set up the site (I have been unable to get the developer to assist to date, hence the delay).
All revs tried inc 1.7.1. Un-install/Install/upgrade/fresh ... same error

I see Com_Kunena in both public_html/components/ and also in public_html/Admin/Components

ini.php is in public_html, not in Admin/components/Com_Kunena,
Copyright, changelog etc is in public_html/components/Com_Kunena - NOT in Admin/...
All files are green and writeable.

All permissions seem OK, so either they are mixed across public_html/Components/Com_Kunna and public_html/Admin/Components folder and there is some code that refers to relevant files located elsewhere that Kunena install require to be in a specific location.
or my own Super Admin is not super enough.

Manual removal of files reverts on refresh.
I shall go find the developer again and see if I can persuade him to divert his attention from more pressing requirements, but last call suggested that no reason why it shouldnt work.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled
All folder and file permissions in your Joomla folder (and recursively through your site) should be set the same (as recommended by Joomla) and your files should be owned by Apache:Apache. If you have mixed permissions, this may account for why you're having problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WCMCC

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
I was advised by PM that the matter has been resolved. The issue was resolved with the webhost provider; it involved incorrectly set file/folder ownership/permissions.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds