Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question K 1.7 Update or Installation not possible

More
12 years 7 months ago #11 by Diarmiud
Maybe it´s easier to install K 1.6.5. - it´s compatible with Joomla 1.7, isn´t it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #12 by Diarmiud
Is there a step-by-step-manual available for upgrading K 1.6.4 to K 1.6.5 (by file-transfer)? Perhaps with the necessary SQL-adaptations?

More
12 years 7 months ago #13 by Diarmiud
Hello,

I solved the problem - here my solution.

I made the normal installation-process with K 1.6.5 on my migrated Joomla 1.7. I got the error message

"class 'kunenafactory' not found" ... com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 30

Then I took a fresh-install of Joomla 1.7 and installed there K 1.6.5.

Then I took the files from the fresh-install (administrator/components/com_kunena and components/com_kunena) and overwrote with them the other (upgraded- / migrated) version.

And then ... it runs ;)

I had to install a new menu and some other things, but that was no problem.

Now K 1.6.5 runs without problems, but I don´t dare to update further to K 1.7 :unsure:

Regards
Peter

More
12 years 7 months ago #14 by Matias
If you had installed K1.7 you wouldn't have had that above issue. :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #15 by Diarmiud
Maybe, but it´s not possible for me to upate from K 1.6.5 to K 1.7. I just tried it on diffrent ways - no chance. On a clean J1.7 - no problem. But with my updated Joomla 1.7 (from J1.0.x with 4.000 articles, fireboard, cb etc.) I am not able to update do Kunena 1.7, only to K 1.6.5. And I don´t know the reason. It´s a pitty ...

More
12 years 7 months ago #16 by Matias
What happens when you try to upgrade (note that installer has typo in the text string saying 1.6)? Only difference between K1.6 and K1.7 is few small features and bug fixes..

More
12 years 7 months ago #17 by Diarmiud
The errors I wrote above.
I have a test-installation with the same configuration to play with. Do you want to have a admin-account to test it yourself? (oh, I know thats not your work, but maybe you´re interessted).

More
12 years 7 months ago #18 by Matias
Yeah, I should probably take a look into thread history, but there are just too many topics waiting for answers as part of our team is in vacation.

Your issue almost looks like directory permission issue: try to uninstall Kunena (together with all its modules and plugins) and install it again, to see what happens.

As you used JUpgrade, I advice you to look into j16_extensions table after uninstalling everything and before installing Kunena again and deleting all Kunena related entries (while it's not installed)... There may be some leftovers and broken stuff also other tables, but please be really, really, really careful if you modify the database as something may break up even if you don't know/see it.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds