Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question K 1.7 Update or Installation not possible

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #1 by Diarmiud
Hello,

since 5 days I try to update my K 1.6.4 to K 1.7 on an updated Joomla 1.7 - it is not possible. I tried a lot of ways: Update - fresh install (I deleted all data-tables like kunena-entries in jos_assets, jos_kunena..., kunena-entries in jos_extension, old fb_tables and kunena-entries in jos_menus, all kunena-language-files) - no way is possible. The last error message I got:

Warning: require_once(.../webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/error.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/101705_71083/webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php on line 47

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/kunden/101705_71083/webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/error.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /.../webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php on line 47

But the error messages are diffrent for every new attempt - it seems for me, that the installation breaks because of another reason I don´t find.

I tried a fresh installation of K 1.7 on the same server with a clean Joomla 1.7 - it works wonderful, no problems. So the server configuration and the power of the systems seem to be o.k.

I tried the installation on all the three ways: by url, about the tmp-directory and by uploadin - nothing works under this configuration (the data-tabes have the prefix j16_ - but that could not be the problem, couldn´t it?).

Do you have an idea what I may try?

Thank you very much
Peter
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Diarmiud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have checked permissions on directoires : /administrator/components, /components and /media ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by xillibit.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by Diarmiud
The were 750. That was no problem at the fresh Joomla 1.7 and K 1.7 Installation.

But I changed them all (/administrator/components, /components and /media) to the recommended 755. And it seems to me, that the installation-process went a little bit further. No I got a new message:

Error building Admin Menus
Component Install: DB function reports no errors

Fehler bei der Komponenten-Installation!

Can I do something else?

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #4 by Diarmiud
And now, after a new try: I deleted all the entries of kunena in j16_menu, j16_assets and j16_extensions, I get again:

Warning: require_once(/.../webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/error.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php on line 47

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/kunden/101705_71083/webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/error.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /kunden/101705_71083/webseiten/test2/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php on line 47

Is there a possibility to see for me, why the installation isn´t possible? Or a step by step installation?

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by xillibit
Look in your table jos_menu and remove all occurences related to Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #6 by Diarmiud
Hello xillibit,

thank you for your help!

I removed all kunena-entries in j16(!!)_menu (I don´t think that it is a problem I have j16_ insted of jos_), and now the error message is:

Component Install: DB function reports no errors
Fehler bei der Komponenten-Installation!

But I wonder: there is no folder com_kunena in administrator/components/ or in /components/

And I wonder - in the jupgrade/tmp - installation folder were all the files - I made a picture:
Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by Matias
Don't delete entries in j16_menu, j16_assets and j16_extensions -- or your Joomla installation doesn't work anymore.

JUpgrade had earlier some bugs that break Joomla -- a few of them have been fixed, but the latest version has it's own issues: it doesn't find Kunena 1.7 and has some bugs in plugin/module import at least.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8 by Diarmiud
And what can I do now?

More
12 years 6 months ago #9 by Matias
If you have just used JUpgrade and that's not your live site, you should start over and do it again.

I would wait for the next version for the component, as current version doesn't work with Kunena 1.7.

More
12 years 6 months ago #10 by Diarmiud
Hello Matias,

for you too: Thank you for your help.

But I´m desperated. We had so much work with this test-version (all components are updated, a lot of new contents were integrated, three person work for some weeks on the project in the Joomla 1.7-Version, hundreds of old contents are adjustet) and so we can´t go back to the Joomla 1.6-Version. In two weeks we plan to go live.

And I don´t understand the problem: I have an Joomla 1.7-site and want to integrate Kunena 1.7. I have old datatables from Kunena 1.6.4. Why it is not possible to install the new Kunena-Version? What made JUgrade wrong so that I can´t install? Can I change it?

Or: Is there another way, I could go (maybe intregrate files manual and update the database with a sql-skript)?

Regards
Peter

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds