Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Pagination (change number of pages to display)

More
13 years 2 months ago #11 by Troneas
Replied by Troneas on topic Re: Pagination

sozzled wrote: The issue is not a Kunena issue, either. It's a template issue. It's caused by one or other of your site template or the Kunena template that you are using. The problem can be addressed by referring the matter to the designers of the site template and/or Kunena template that you have chosen.

If you can use the Blue Eagle (default) template and you still see this problem then the issue lies with the site template. If you can use the rhuk_milkyway template and you still see the issue, then the problem lies with the Kunena template. If you use the rhuk_milkyway template and the Blue Eagle Kunena template I don't think that you will see this issue. However, if you do see the problem then it's a serious support matter and we need to look into the cause. Does this help to separate and clarify the issues we are dealing with?

That's what I intended to show by presenting to you the results of the search. We've seen the problem before and this is exactly how we tracked down the issue to one of the site template or the Kunena template.

well clearly, i have seen 3 different templates already with this issue (2 here and 1 in your search query).

if popular Kunena templates (such as Aphotic) and others all experience this issue, then it's pretty clear its is a kunena problem. or at the very least, its not a problem with a particular or specific template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Pagination

Troneas wrote: if popular Kunena templates (such as Aphotic) and others all experience this issue, then it's pretty clear its is a kunena problem. or at the very least, its not a problem with a particular or specific template.

I don't know if we can draw the same conclusion.

There were changes made between K 1.6.1 and K 1.6.2 - these were necessary and some of them may have had unintended consequences for third-party developers. The important thing to isolate is whether you experience these issues with the Blue Eagle (default) template because this is the only template developed and supported by the Kunena project team. What is quite clear is that if you have these issues with the Blue Eagle (default) template as well as other, third party-developed, templates then the issue most likely resides with factors influenced by your site template.

If, on the other hand, you find the problems remain with these Kunena templates when you use the rhuk_milkyway template then this is something that needs to be attended to immediately. However, because we don't see evidence of these issues here at www.kunena.org , I suspect that this would not be the case (i.e. there is a fault with Kunena or with a specific Kunena template). But I could be wrong.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13 by Troneas

sozzled wrote:

Troneas wrote: if popular Kunena templates (such as Aphotic) and others all experience this issue, then it's pretty clear its is a kunena problem. or at the very least, its not a problem with a particular or specific template.

I don't know if we can draw the same conclusion.

There were changes made between K 1.6.1 and K 1.6.2 - these were necessary and some of them may have had unintended consequences for third-party developers. The important thing to isolate is whether you experience these issues with the Blue Eagle (default) template because this is the only template developed and supported by the Kunena project team. What is quite clear is that if you have these issues with the Blue Eagle (default) template as well as other, third party-developed, templates then the issue most likely resides with factors influenced by your site template.

If, on the other hand, you find the problems remain with these Kunena templates when you use the rhuk_milkyway template then this is something that needs to be attended to immediately. However, because we don't see evidence of these issues here at www.kunena.org , I suspect that this would not be the case (i.e. there is a fault with Kunena or with a specific Kunena template). But I could be wrong.

well lets test it then.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14 by Troneas
ok it appears to work fine in blue eagle as per my pagination test .

so what now then? all templates aside from blue eagle are obsolete after 1.6.1?

More
13 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Pagination
No, that's not what I'm saying.

While we are having this discussion I am in contact with my colleagues - my fellow moderators - to see what advice we can give to you and to others in this situation.

It seems that this issue is most likely to affect those people who use very narrow site templates more than it affects other users.

These issues are not new, either: see Seitenanzahl (Pagination) sprengt das Layout in the Wiki - a topic that dates back to K 1.0.8.

As I have been trying to say, this is primarily a website issue and the solution lies in your hands. It's possible (or probable) that some Joomla site templates are unsuitable for Kunena and that's just a fact that we have to accept on faith. In your case, the component display area is 660px. Although 660px may be adequate for many Joomla components it may not always be a success with Kunena. Although not a hard-and-fast restriction, it's a good rule-of-thumb to allow 880px for Kunena. If the template is narrower than 880px then you have to make some compromises.

Does this make sense to you?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #16 by Troneas
then why does it work fine with IE8?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Troneas.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #17 by Troneas
hmm actually, never mind.

just learnt that IE8 also has the problem when logged in. it seems that the many buttons that appear when logged-in to moderators are pushing the page numbers overboard.

so it could very well be kunena failing to be flexible towards my 660 px.

i suggest a fix similar to the one that exists in the main board. using 1 2 3 4 ... 10 system to address this issue.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Troneas.

More
13 years 2 months ago #18 by proterra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troneas

More
13 years 2 months ago #19 by Troneas

proterra wrote: Have solved it:
www.kunena.org/forum/171-k-16-templates-...in-thread-view#72319

THANK YOU!!

More
12 years 11 months ago #20 by Carlitos
Replied by Carlitos on topic Re: Pagination
Hello everyone
Maybe I opened a topic in the wrong section ... sorry
I wanted to ask if there is a way to change the pagination of Kunena.
Basically tell them to only show the first page and the last two or three
Let me give an example, if the topic is only three pages or less
page 1-2-3
if you have many pages such as 12
Page: 1 .. 11-12

If it were possible I would like to understand how to do
Thanks to all

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds