Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Pagination (change number of pages to display)

More
12 years 11 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Pagination
The probably is a way to change this (I haven't investigated the specific mechanism, though) but I would like to know what benefit there is to people who might be in support of this idea. What's wrong with the way things work at the moment? Is there a particular problem that you are trying to solve?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #22 by Carlitos
Replied by Carlitos on topic Re: Pagination
I have the problem that as moderator or admin can not see all pages

As a guest or regular user is ok

I wanted to solve this problem for me and my moderators who have difficulty
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Carlitos.

More
12 years 11 months ago #23 by Carlitos
Sorry for my english but i'm italian

More
12 years 11 months ago #24 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Pagination
*** Topics merged ***

Please see other messages posted in this topic for your answer.

More
12 years 11 months ago #25 by Carlitos
Thank you :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #26 by omri
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I tried what you suggested and it didn't help.

Any other idea would be really appreciated.

Omri

More
12 years 5 months ago #27 by sozzled
Yes, this is an old topic. The problems described in this topic are, however, all caused by the same thing: the Joomla site template that people have chosen is too narrow to use effectively with a high volume, high use forum.

The ideas that we've shown to people for when they encounter the situations discussed in this topic are only band-aids for the real problem. If you have a forum that turns over hundreds (or thousands) of messages, and the topic size grows to more than a few pages, then you really should be re-thinking the design of your website.

Yes, there are other ways you can put more band-aids to cover the problem. Alternatively you could do a little bit of surgery and fix the problem for good. It depends on what you consider to be the main draw-card of your website; if Kunena is the main reason your customers come to your website then pay attention to how well the forum pages look. If Kunena is not the main reason that people use your site then problems like these are a lesser worry.

I don't know anything about your website but, as a general comment, a professional webdesigner could probably fix this problem within an hour or two. If you can't fix the problem yourself then maybe it's worthwhile considering paying someone for an hour or two of their time to fix it for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: omri

More
12 years 5 months ago #28 by omri
Many thanks for your elaborated answer!

You are right. My site template is narrow. I managed to band-aid it somehow and If my site would turn really big I will sure consider my template design.

More
12 years 5 months ago #29 by keithyoung89
Replied by keithyoung89 on topic Re: Pagination
Having migrated a Joomla v1.5.23 site to v1.7.2 I found I needed to re-install Kunena (all files being present but there was no component administration). This all seemeed to work OK. However, I notice that the pagination (Page ¦1¦ ¦2¦ etc) is sliced off top and bottom and is therefore a bit difficult to read. This may be a CSS issue, but I would like some help to resolve please. I attach an image and the configuration report is as follows. Thanks.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #30 by keithyoung89
Replied by keithyoung89 on topic Re: Pagination
i should have added that I would like the pagination to be the same as on this forum; i.e. numbers clearly readable in boxes. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds