Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena 1.6 Template - Skinner - Preview

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by fxstein
FYI - Just committed the pre-version into the Kunena 1.6.1 trunk. We are working on shipping this with Kunena 1.6.1 together with ACL.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #12 by ZeroKewl
Is there any way go get a "early bird" version?

Edit: Found something here:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/scmsvn/...com_kunena/template/

But how do I download this......
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by ZeroKewl.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #13 by fxstein

fxstein wrote:
Edit: Skinner Preview Download added

See first post of this thread for a downloadable test version. It is not complete, but getting there.

Hope you like it!

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by fxstein.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #14 by MarkBoy81
THIS IS AWESOME!!!

fxstein wrote: It is not complete

IMO, it only lacks some separation border between posts: once you added it, it's already perfect. :)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by MarkBoy81.
More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by fxstein
Any more feedback on this? If the file size permits we would include that in the K1.6.1 release

The following user(s) said Thank You: sirsmily
More
13 years 6 months ago #16 by sozzled
This would have to be the bee's knees, the ant's pants of component templates. No more mess, no fuss. Simplicity in itself. One would have to ask the question, why did the fore-runners of Kunena do all that CSS kludging?

You know something else? If this was the default template in future, every time we get another one of those "how can I make the default font larger" questions we can now say, with almost-guaranteed certainty, "maybe the problem has something to do with your Joomla site template?" Perhaps that's over-simplifying things, and the Skinner template won't work for everyone, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

I encountered a small issue, though, on one of my test sites: the menu tabs don't actually appear visible unless I hover my mouse over them. I'm not sure if that was intended (I still rather like white-on-grey tabs that "glow" blue when you hover over them) and it's probably something to do with my site template - let me take a lesson from my own book - but I thought I'd better ask the question ... just in case. ;)
More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by fxstein
We have not yet commited the IE support into the template. We have the test code, but not running on the test site yet.

Hope to get this done soon.

More
13 years 6 months ago #18 by sirsmily
Skinner ... thats it :)
More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by ZeroKewl
I agree that the detail post page looks very "unicoloured" - but that's the only thing I can complain about.
Excellent work! Quantum leap!
More
13 years 6 months ago #20 by snilloconator
This is great!!! It would save so many members time with a template like this. Nice work Kunena team!!!
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds