Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena 1.6 Template - Skinner - Preview

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by fxstein
I'd like to share some very early work on a template we have created that while based on the default template of Kunena 1.6, is built to auto-skin itself to the underlying Joomla template.

The template called 'Skinner' leverages the Kunena 1.6 templating system and features to adjust itself to virtually any site template out there. We believe it demonstrates the power of Kunena 1.6 by simply leveraging css 3 features. The final version of the template will also have full support for IE - for now the Proof of Concept (POC) has been done for the likes of Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

Total effort to convert a Kunena 1.6 template into the auto skinning mode: less than 8h

Right now we have only done the basics: background colors or most front end elements, together with text coloring and styling. Borders are not complete and jut a temporary thing.

The template has not been redesigned or optimized for the see-through look.
We want to provide this template to the community to encourage all template designers to do similar work and come up with even better designs. It should demonstrate how easy it is to make Kunena 1.6 templates that automatically blend into any Joomla site template.

To try out a few pages on various colors, visit the reconfigured demo16 page: demo16.kunena.com

Let us know what you think of this capability.

Edit: Skinner Preview Download added

Edit Nov-6-2010: Skinner Preview Download removed

Credits & Mentions:

We sometimes take it for granted that almost everything we write for Kunena has already been out there and done in one way or another. For this particular template we really cannot take any credit ourselves. We did not build anything, no code, no engine, we simply got out of the way of templates. If you compare the Skinner template to our default template you will simply find missing stuff compared to Blue Eagle (default). We got rid of colors & fonts and added a few shades of grey.
The inspiration of doing this came from the likes of RocketTheme and NinjaForge who have implement similar minimalistic templates for their components over the years.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by fxstein.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Oceanwatcher
This is absolutely fantastic! And this is how everything, not only Kunena should work!

Just LOVE this. When can we download it and install it? :-)

Regards,

Oceanwatcher
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #3 by Creatorffm
WoW! that is impressive!

Ahh, gantry from rocket theme also very impressive.
I once made an phpbb theme to match the (damn just took a look at thr RT demo site, Jul 2007 :blush: sooooo long ago) Replicant theme and I know how much work it is to match up just 1 template let alone what you have aclomplished! Keep up the good work!

cheers
Dave!

Dave "Creator" Marshall
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Creatorffm.
More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Balázs
Thats great!
More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by mario123456
That`s Perfekt !
More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by samanoqo
That is what I call a real Progress.

Always Lovin' Kunena...!
More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by John
We don't need any other template :blink: this one will just blend in with the Joomla template :woohoo:
More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by ChaosHead
It's cool!
More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by Dr JM
Great Stuff, where can i download it?
More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by WinuxFF
It is very nice to see how oldest (best if you ask me) Joomla! template club and best Joomla! forum work tightly together :)
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds