Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important SOLVED! quote button problem...

More
13 years 2 months ago #31 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Quote button problem
Hello,

This is a conflict with your Joomla! template, just change the css class of quote button...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #32 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Quote button problem
This issue was first brought up (and solved) 5 months ago. Has there been any progress on renaming Kunena's .quote class to something somewhat less universally common?

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by GoremanX.

More
13 years 2 months ago #33 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Quote button problem

GoremanX wrote: This issue was first brought up (and solved) 5 months ago. Has there been any progress on renaming Kunena's .quote class to something somewhat less universally common?

That is correct.

Unfortunately we discussed the issue with our design lead as well as various template writers.

We cannot change that css class as part of a point release, as it would break ALL existing templates for Kunena 1.6

Instead of a few site having the problem we would reverse the situation and everybody else that runs a customized template would have the problem.

This lead to the team decision to NOT change the quote button html in Kunena 1.6

For Kunena 2.0 a new fully MVC based template system is in the works and we will take that opportunity to prefix ALL our css classes with 'k'. No matter what naming convention, we can never guarantee that there wont be a class name conflict.

Hope this sheds some light on why this is the way it is.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 2 months ago #34 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Quote button problem
Wouldn't this have worked?

- create a new .kquote class (that's identical to .quote)
- keep existing .quote class
- use .kquote in the default Kunena template
- issue advisory stating .quote is deprecated
- template maintainers switch over to .kquote on their next maintenance releases
- .quote class remains available for 2 to 3 point releases, and is later removed
- when users whine about the quote button looking like crap, you beat them over the head with the advisory that was issued endless months ago
- users go crying in their corner because they realize how lame they were for not knowing of the advisory

That all sounds perfectly acceptable to me. Especially the part about users crying in their corner.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 2 months ago #35 by snilloconator
For now I have written a short "How-To" here...

RocketTheme and Kunena qoute conflict!

I hope this will help clear up anyone's questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JuggZaPoppiN, webitate

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #36 by altious

What is this how can I remove the transparent mask thing that overlap the quote button?
it is a freshly installed joomla 1.5.22 with Kunena 1.6.3

thanks
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by altious.

More
12 years 9 months ago #37 by webitate
Just to say thank you - I implemented your quote button fix from your blog, with success - most grateful.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds