Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Internal Error - "500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104"

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by haithun
Well then I dont understand why you will not implement code making this setting available in SQL-statements.

@fxstein: pls pm me the answer in german cause my english is still not good enough for those specific things :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #12 by PaulyPaul
A repsonse back from my UK host (Heart Internet):

"Our settings in MySQL are done to strike a balance between allowing maximum functionality for customers and their databases and preserving resources to ensure that all customers enjoy unimpeded access to the server. We cannot change these settings globally, but if this cannot be added into the query somewhere, then I suspect this forum will not able to be used on our shared hosting."

:(
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by PaulyPaul.

More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by sozzled
There you go! We have the cause, the effect and the remedy. All that's needed now is the implementation strategy which, in this case, requires a change to the webhosting provider. I think this now resolves the issue. Good luck. :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by PaulyPaul
Changing hosting provider is easier said then done sozzled!

I accept the Kunena team won't change the code but can I test hacking it by adding the SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# statement somewhere?

Would anyone be so kind to say where that somewhere should be?

Cheers!

Paul

More
13 years 5 months ago #15 by PaulyPaul
Any help with my request above? I can't accept the only fix is to change hosting provider as this would surely be a problem with many shared hosting services?

More
13 years 5 months ago #16 by xillibit
I don't know where is the issue, maybe you have just a table corrupted, i do'nt know.

Can-you put the result of SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_join_size'; in phpmyadmin ?

You can set SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1, just before the annoying query to see if it's works better...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #17 by PaulyPaul
Hi xillibit,

The result of SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_join_size'; was

max_join_size = 900000

When you refer to "annoying query" above, what do you mean?

Rgds

Paul

More
13 years 5 months ago #18 by fxstein
How big is your forum?

This setting already allows for 900,000 records in a single join. Do you have more than 900,000 posts/topics?

This might indeed be a corrupted database. When did you first start using Kunena or Fireboard? What was the first version?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #19 by fxstein
Ok there is definitely something wrong with your site hosting.

You definitely should consider dedicated hosting for the type of site you are running. Shared hosting is ok for a low volume personal blog, but never for an online community site. JomSocial and Kunena will almost never get enough resources on such a limited hosting plan.

You have less than 100 posts yet some of the pages take 4-5 seconds to build by the server. A sign that you run on a very oversubscribed shared hosting service.

Last but not least please make also sure you have 1.6.1 installed (can't tell).

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #20 by PaulyPaul
Hi fxstein,

Yes I am using Kunena 1.6.1 and I first started on Fireboard (1.0.5RC2) and then upgraded to Kunena. How would I fix a corrupted database?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by PaulyPaul.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds