Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Internal Error - "500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104"

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by PaulyPaul
Hello,

I've upgraded to Kunena 1.6 and everytime after I post a new thread I get a red "Kunena Internal Error" warning box at the top of the component page.

With debug on I get this error 500 msg page:
Code:
500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT u.id, u.name, u.username, u.email, IF( (s.thread IS NOT NULL) OR (sc.catid IS NOT NULL), 1, 0 ) AS subscription, IF( c.moderated=1 AND p.moderator=1 AND ( m.catid IS NULL OR m.catid=2), 1, 0 ) AS moderator, IF( u.gid IN (24, 25), 1, 0 ) AS admin FROM jos_users AS u LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_users AS p ON u.id=p.userid LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_categories AS c ON c.id=2 LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_moderation AS m ON u.id=m.userid LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_subscriptions AS s ON u.id=s.userid AND s.thread=1439 LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_subscriptions_categories AS sc ON u.id=sc.userid AND sc.catid=c.id WHERE u.block=0 AND u.id NOT IN (62) AND ( ( ( (s.thread IS NOT NULL) OR (sc.catid IS NOT NULL) ) ) ) GROUP BY u.id

I was experiencing a similar error in the old version which would break the forum. The forum still works in 1.6 but would be good to get rid of this error message which might spook some users.

Thanks!

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Looks to me like you might be running some module or plugin written for an older version of Kunena. Are you?

Can you please post your K 1.6 configuration report.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by PaulyPaul
I really only use the latest posts mod which is the new version but not sure about plugins. Attached is my config report.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.8) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Hope you can help!

Paul
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Inserted configuration report for the user

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

This error means that the select needs to read more rows than is allowed. See : dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-s...sysvar_max_join_size

Your hoster seems to have custom configuration settings for mysql, i don't know if you can change it.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by PaulyPaul
Hi xillibit,

I asked my hoster about this and this was their reply:

"You should be able to use the MySQL set command within the query first and this should allow larger join sizes."

I remember Matias saying you (the Kunena team) were going to resolve this for 1.6 so I was wondering if something can be done?

www.kunena.com/forum/105-k-10-support-ar...es?limit=10&start=30
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by PaulyPaul.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by PaulyPaul
Hi guys,

Would really like to know if there's something I can do to fix this problem as it's a real pain!

Yours in hope!

Paul

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by haithun

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT a.*, t.mesid, t.message AS messagetext, m.mesid AS attachmesid, (f.thread>0) AS myfavorite, u.avatar, MAX(b.time) AS lastpost FROM jos_fb_messages AS a JOIN jos_fb_messages_text AS t ON a.thread = t.mesid LEFT JOIN jos_fb_messages AS b ON b.thread = a.thread LEFT JOIN jos_fb_attachments AS m ON m.mesid = a.id LEFT JOIN jos_fb_favorites AS f ON f.thread = a.id && f.userid='0' LEFT JOIN jos_fb_users AS u ON u.userid = a.userid WHERE a.parent = '0' AND a.catid = '2' AND a.hold = '0' GROUP BY id ORDER BY ordering DESC, lastpost DESC LIMIT 0, 50

As Matias and your hoster said you should use the "SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=#" statement to tell the SQL-server that there is a large join request.
To use it I think you must manipulate the request part in Kunena code. Maybe the developers will make an option available in 1.6.1 or later.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by fxstein
FYI - This is a SQL server setting. We will most like never put any such settings into our code. Just like we don't put php or apache settings into our code. Us forcing different settings will break in many other places.
I recommend you see if you can get your hoster to change that setting.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by haithun
Oh yeah, you're right I forgot that SQL is not really standartisiert.

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by fxstein
SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# is a MYSQL Server setting - hast nothing todo with SQL standards.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds