Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Profiles not saving (avatars not uploading)

More
13 years 5 months ago #31 by Greight
Replied by Greight on topic Worked!
Thank you. It worked perfectly! This was an instance of great support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32 by PugDaddy
Using Firefox 3.6.12 I couldn't upload an avatar, but I could upload the avatar using IE8. So after searching the forums and net and trying the suggestions, I couldn't repair the problem until I used the file you provided. Works better than new now! :-)

I just wanted to say thank you for the fix and verify it works with Firefox 3.6.12 also.

More
13 years 5 months ago #33 by motd1024
Hi,
Your fix is working. Thank you.
Firefox 3.6.12 confirmed.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #34 by WooF
Hm did't work for me. User porofiles are ok but avatars not working. Any idea. I have set the forum ok so that is not a problem.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by WooF.

More
13 years 5 months ago #35 by Sanyi
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem: User Profile cannot be edited ... or better to say changes cannot be saved.
I use Joomla 1.5.21 (upgraded form 1.5.18), Kunena 1.6 and Google Chrome

How to use this profile_2010-10-31.zip containing profile.php? What to do? I can't install it, because it doesn't contain XML file.
Do I have to unzip and copy to my site? In which folder?

Many thanks in advance,

Sanyi

More
13 years 5 months ago #36 by sozzled
G'day, Sanyi, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for posting your configuration report. I notice that your configuration report shows that you are running J! 1.5.21 in Legacy mode. Please read the important information about Legacy mode and take action now, before you run into problems in the future.

Sanyi wrote:

How to use this profile_2010-10-31.zip containing profile.php?

Extract the file and replace ..components/com_kunena/funcs/profile.php on your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sanyi

More
13 years 5 months ago #37 by Sanyi
Thank you Sir! B)

It works perfectly. Many thanks for your quick help. ;)

You wrote also that it is highly recommended to turn off "Legacy Mode" and eliminate extensions that were developed for Joomla!1 and thus work just in "Legacy Mode".
I would do it, but I have a lot of extensions installed and I can't remember which of these need Legacy Mode ... :(:sick: Is there a simple way to ascertain/find out which of these extensions have to be removed? (I don't want to use "Trial and Error Method")

Thanks for your help again.

Best regards,

Sanyi

More
13 years 5 months ago #38 by Hurr1c4n3
Go to the backend of Joomla.

Extensions > Install/Uninstall
The click on the different categories (Components, modules ....) and see if the compatibility is a cross or a green mark.
Green is good, red is bad :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sanyi

More
13 years 1 month ago #39 by deemo
Hi Guys

I have been having the same problem with users not being able to update their profiles add avatars or anything even though they report as saved or uploaded.

I'm using 1.6 Joomla and 1.6 Kuena.

I have discovered that Kuena profiles are not being correctly created on the bank end unless, I use the synchronize user tool and selcting clear user cache (option 1) and add user profiles to everyone (option 2) once i do this the users can update their profile.

I then tested wether users would be able to update their profile after they had made their first post without me running user synch and they can not.

I also tested if the super admin browsing a new profile via the frontend using the latest user link in the statistics are would do what ever needed to be done to make the profile editable and it does.

So it seems to me tht my users are not being automatically brought across from joomla registration to Kuena user list.

My settings are below.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 48M | Max file upload: 4M

Joomla default template details : 1 | author: DeeMo Design | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-03-01

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Can anyone offer a solution or is there a plugin that will allow me to schedule an hourly user synch?

More
13 years 1 month ago #40 by 810
just wait for 1.6.4, then its working again, it will be released soon +- week.

regards 810

Time to create page: 0.636 seconds