Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged Topic] JFolder::create: Could not create directory

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #31 by Henryparrot
Thankyou for your reply sozzled

The install of the software was fine was done in 30 seconds everthing checked ok and all seems fine
so the requirements of the server must be correct otherwise the install would have halted.

The error window appears when you click the foruum link and the front end sample page opens

And if you then click the welcome thread the error doubles on a second line

i just posted a test reply post and the error appears on 4 lines

So the error occurs when you actually launch the kunena forum software.

So that is why i have asked what directory is it actually trying to create as at present i have all relevant directorys and suggested subdirectories set to 777 ?

many thanks
Henryparrot
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Henryparrot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #32 by sozzled

Henryparrot wrote: The install of the software was fine was done in 30 seconds everthing checked ok and all seems fine so the requirements of the server must be correct otherwise the install would have halted.

I'm sorry. That conclusion - that the basic premise was sound to begin with - does not necessarily follow from those conclusions. The installation process does not exercise every possible interaction with Joomla - with Apache, PHP or MySQL.

Some of the issues will not manifest themselves until after the installation process has completed (or appears to have completed without reporting any errors). But this does not necessarily prove nor disprove that the technical requirements were not sound to begin with.

We do not recommend 777 for anything, ever!

I have read elsewhere that folders/files should be owned by Apache - I don't know if this is important or not (that's something you can discuss on the Joomla support forum ); you should have permissions set on all files/folders as recommended in Securing Kunena

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #33 by Nikolai_V
JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Hi everyone. I had the same problem and i did the following: i set the permissions starting with the root folder of the site to ALL the folders in to 777 (they were 755 by default), and the problem gone.The files remained with 644. Before this action, i had set all the folders that are in the Joolma list of writeable folders in admin section, help menue to 777, it did not help at all. So, my conclusion is that there is a folder or a few folders that demand setting the 777 permission in order Kunena could work properly. So, please, can someone tell me or us, what are those folders exactly? It is not easy to check each and every folder.
Thanks

OK i did some research and found that the folder /media/kunena/ has lots of subfolders which should have 777. Might be not all of them but the majority should.
best regards
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Nikolai_V.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #34 by Robar144
The forum for me is working very well except that I receive the dreaded "JFolder::create: Could not create directory" error when a post is replied to. Any ideas on where to look for possible permissions issues would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

More
12 years 9 months ago #35 by jamiegee
My installation works fine normally, however on sites using Multisites I get

"JFolder::create: Could not create directory" e.g. www.topmakeup.co.uk/forum

What directory(ies) are trying to be created and how can I change this to a folder I control?

Regards Jamie

More
12 years 9 months ago #36 by gray
So, I had the same issue with "JFolder::create:".
I changed permissions of all folders in media/kunena (including "kunena") to 777 and found that a new folder "size72" was created in /media/kunena/avatars/resized/. I changed permissions back to 755 and this message disappeared. But I think folder "size72" should be 777 kunena to work without this error in future. Will see :)

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #37 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: We do not recommend 777 for anything, ever!

I have read elsewhere that folders/files should be owned by Apache - I don't know if this is important or not (that's something you can discuss on the Joomla support forum ); you should have permissions set on all files/folders as recommended in Securing Kunena

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #38 by jamiegee
Fixed it :-)

Thanks for your help Gray - you helped me establish which directory was trying to be created. I've removed my shortcut link to the master (Multisites) and copied the master media directory to my site and now the error message has gone away.

Cheers

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #39 by HeLLraiseR
After every new Thread I do, i get the Message "JFolder::create: Could not create directory".
When somebody else answers, the message comes two times.
I get this message a few times, same count like my post and the answers in this thread together.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by HeLLraiseR.

More
12 years 8 months ago #40 by Matias
You should make all files and directories under /media/kunena writable to Apache. How to do that depends on your server..
The following user(s) said Thank You: HeLLraiseR

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds