Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Difficulties adding a poll in K 1.6

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by PaulyPaul
Hi guys!

Any further ideas about why this might be happening?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #22 by Gazimaluke
Replied by Gazimaluke on topic Re: Can't add a poll
So now I still can't adda polls. I can fill in the options for it but when I sumbit the topic there is no poll attached to it.

More
13 years 5 months ago #23 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Can't add a poll
Gazimaluke: Can you please post here your current K 1.6 configuration report.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #24 by Maryk
Replied by Maryk on topic Re: Can't add a poll
I cannot create polls either.

I have the mootools upgrade installed and enabled.
I am using kunena 1.6, template A2

I have polls enabled in the configuration, AND for the particular category I want to put a poll in.

When I click on the little icon to create the poll, I get the field for a title and lifespan, but no options fields. I cannot proceed with the poll set up, so have no way to know if it will work. This appears to be an issue with the different browsers (Firefox vs IE8)

Screen shot included:
This is Firefox: no buttons appear to add/remove the options

This is IE8: The images are broken in template A2 (which I will attempt to fix myself) BUT there is no submit button or anything else to enable you to save your post!

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Maryk.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Can't add a poll
Wow! Thank you, Mary. That's good information to know.

Am I right in concluding that you're saying there is a problem with polls in K 1.6.0 and IE8 but there isn't a problem if you use Firefox?

Or is the problem only because of the "A2 template" and IE8? What happens if you use the Blue Eagle (Default) template?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #26 by Maryk
Replied by Maryk on topic Re: Can't add a poll
Both have problems -- just different ones..

In a nutshell: Neither is workable

Firefox:

Never shows you the + or - icons and functionality to add options to the poll, so the poll can never get created..

IE8:
1) tries to show the icons, but karmaplus.png and karmaminus.png were not in ANY of the templates images/icons folders, so I made my own
2) regardless of template in use, it wants those images in default
3) when you try to set up the poll, there is no way to actually submit your post... the whole kunena content in the contentpane disappears right below the Attachments upload area..

FYI: I use jevents and they had a whole load of mootools issues as well... happy times....
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Maryk.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27 by PaulyPaul
Anyone else having problems with polls? I would love to get them working!

More
13 years 5 months ago #28 by tmbvinfo
Poll in category enabled. When I try to create a new topic, a poll icon is not shown. When I change a category in the dropdown list, after that change to first variant, a poll icon has been shown. What's wrong?

More
13 years 5 months ago #29 by Maryk
I have just discovered that if I am using the default Blue Eagle template, polls work just fine.. so all my problems stem from the fact I am using the A2 template... !!!!! I have another site I am working on and had Kunena 1.6 set up on THAT site with just the default template...

So I suspect everyone else's issues are probably stemming from which template they are trying to use.

Templatekunena.com had a recent patch for the A2 template and polls are now working for me.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #30 by @quila
Hi Maryk,

allways be sure to run latest downloadable template package ;)

You should also ask for help at www.templatekunena.com/forum/recent , I'm sure someone will help you quickly and point you in right direction.

Best Regards
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by @quila.

Time to create page: 0.617 seconds