Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Difficulties adding a poll in K 1.6

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by Gazimaluke
I can't find any option to add a poll in the forum. I have it enabled in the back end.
[strike]And I can't upload files. Nothing happens when I press the Add File button.[/strike]
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #2 by John
Did you disable the mootools upgrade plugin?

See the text above your post: For a faster response, please make sure you include your Kunena 1.6 configuration settings report in your posts.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by John.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Gazimaluke
I realized the polls had to be turned on for each category so the poll issue is solved.

Where do I disable the mootools upgrade plugin?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #4 by John
You don't...if you disable it, you dont see a poll button, or no buttons..or....etc B)

Its in the backend, plugin manager -> System - Mootools Upgrade That should be enabled.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by John.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #5 by Gazimaluke
It's enabled. Still can't upload files though.

And polls won't work. I create a new topic and click the poll button. I add poll options and submit the topic. But when the topic load there are no poll to vote in it.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Gazimaluke.

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
You have two problems. These problems are unrelated to one another. I am not sure if you have fixed the opinion poll problem: yes, the poll option requires a setting to be enabled on a per-category basis. This information is given in the companion Wiki site: see How to set up polls in Kunena and upgrade from the hack .

Please start a separate discussion topic about the "file upload problem". In this new topic, please include your configuration report so that we can see what you have that may be causing the issues that you are having. Thank you. :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by Gazimaluke
I have set so there is a option for making polls in my forums. It's just when I submit the topic the poll stuff is not there.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Cannot add a poll ...

Gazimaluke wrote: I have set so there is a option for making polls in my forums. It's just when I submit the topic the poll stuff is not there.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question: the poll "stuff" is not where? Can you show us your website where you have a poll-enabled category? Can you provide us with details of your K 1.6 configuration (your K 1.6 configuration report)? Maybe we could have a look at a screen that shows us the settings you used to set up your category with a poll. Do you know how to start a topic with a poll?

Have you tried using polls anywhere? Have you, for example, experimented with polls, here at Kunena.com, in the Playground section? :unsure:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #9 by Gazimaluke
I have polls enabled in all my categories. When I created a poll in the Playground it worked. When I do the same thing on my site the poll in the topic does not appear. And with that I mean the part where you can vote is not there. When editing the topic the poll options are empty.

Here's the report if it helps:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC3 | Build: 3539 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.7) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Gazimaluke.

More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Cannot add a poll ...

Gazimaluke wrote: I have polls enabled in all my categories. ... When I do the same thing on my site the poll in the topic does not appear ... I mean the part where you can vote is not there

Can you please provide one example URL where to illustrate the problem, please.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds