Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Image uploads having errors

More
12 years 1 month ago #11 by GoremanX
How big a file are you trying to upload? It sounds to me like you're flirting with the upper limit of what your host can provide. Even after an image is uploaded, it needs to be processed by the server. Complex pictures can require more memory to accomplish that.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #12 by Billhur
just pictures from a camera
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #13 by GoremanX
I'm sorry, that's far too vague. I mean what file size are they, approximately? 2 megs? 10 megs? More?

And are we talking multiple files at the same time? Or just one?

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by GoremanX.
More
12 years 1 month ago #14 by Billhur
here is one of the images, now its saying 500 error contact adminsitrator without all the previous code
Attachments:
More
12 years 1 month ago #15 by Billhur
here is what its saying again

I will include board code

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : siteground-j15-175 | author: Siteground | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 10/2010

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 1.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #16 by Billhur
go daddy says its Joomlas fault should i just go with 2.5 it seemed to run slower and didnt have the components and templates that 1.5 offers free. go daddy says its too large for a group server, and they dont support this type of issue, is there anything that I can do other than abandon this board?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Billhur.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
We have received numerous reports in the past with GoDaddy (both in terms of their preparedness to assist their customers and their continuing line to point the finger at others, like Joomla, for instance). GoDaddy has a reputation that lingers in the minds of many members of this community.

We are not accusing GoDaddy of misrepresentation, nor are we saying that their services are inadequate to host Joomla websites. If that is what they are saying then that's a fairly good indication. Basically it's a case of you get what you pay for and "caveat emptor".

We have some tips that people should consider when selecting a hosting plan: see Choosing a webhost for your community website . This summarises what, in our considered opinion, should be the determining factors in choosing a reliable webhost.

Having said these things there are ways you can resolve the problem if you're able to manage your affairs within the limitations imposed on you by your webhost. In effect, if you cut back on the scale of your "grand design" for an all-singing, all-powerful site run on a server that is inadequately resourced to deliver the goods, then you may be able to run things within your means ... within your budget.

This may mean that you have to sacrifice certain ambitions. It may very well be that one of those ambitions is to run Kunena as a platform for web-based discussions on your site. It all boils down to a question of what is the most important thing you want from your site.

I know that many members of this community use GoDaddy hosting services - I don't, but that's not the point - and people can and do run Kunena successfully. But whether you can run Kunena, with the Siteground template you've chosen, with Community Builder, JEvents, the Kunena template, uddeIM and a gallery of large - in filesize terms - images, that may be a different question. Again this comes down to a question of what are the right choices for you to make given your particular budget.

Webhosting is a highly competitive market; GoDaddy is only one of the players (at the bottom end of the scale, I think we all agree) but changing to a different webhost is not a deal-breaker. I hope this gives you a few things to consider.

As far as your specific problem raised earlier in this topic is concerned, if you cannot get GoDaddy to play ball with you, on a shared hosted platform, then this might be an opportunity to look for greener pastures elsewhere.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 1 month ago #18 by GoremanX
It's hard to tell what the problem is here based on the info you're providing. The "example" picture you posted has been resized by the kunena.org server and is not indicative of what you're trying to upload. I can tell you that I use Joomla and Kunena to run a photography community, and have not come across these issues. I used Joomla 1.5 in the past, and more recently Joomla 2.5.

As for your observations about Joomla 2.5, they're not really accurate or relevant. Joomla 1.5 support will end soon, and you really should upgrade to Joomla 2.5 as soon as possible.

More
12 years 1 month ago #19 by Billhur
im not well versed on web design however i have run joomla 1.5 in the past without these issues. How do I remove UddeIM community builder and some of these other installaitions?

I know you can go to modules and select a couple of the things such as CB but i cant find UddeIM and some of the other applicaitions to remove them to make space? and by removing them do i just run the gambit of running short on resources again soon?
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #20 by Jiminimonka
UddeIM is on version 2.6 at the moment, that might need updating.

You should go to Joomla's website and look up how to remove and install components, that is beyond the scope of Kunena.org.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds