Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Image uploads having errors

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Billhur
my community is experiencing problems uploading images, I have tried going into the setting and setting the image size to unreasonably large sizes and still the images have trouble. The only way we can get images to upload is to put them in paint and resize the images by reducing them by 25%

is there a fix for this issue, I looked in the FAQ and found nothing to support this issue

HELP!

wwww.rocksmithnation.com
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Please read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. The posting guide contains information to help you to help us to help you better.

You have asked us several questions in the past about issues that, in my opinion, indicate that you have had problems installing Kunena on your current webhost. I have not seen responses from you that show you have resolved your other problems. Would you like to review the advice we have given in regard to those other matters and let us know if your other problems have been resolved. It's good for us to know that you have a reliable platform for you to go forward. If you still have unresolved problems then these other things may get in the way of answering further questions - like this one.

Image resizing is something handled by what is known as a GD library. Different webhosts use different graphics libraries. Your configuration report may indicate something about your webhost that you, and we, might not otherwise know.

The subject of this topic is "Kunena Image uploads having errors". What errors are these, specifically? Do you get error messages when you try to upload images on your site and, if so, what is the text of those messages?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by Billhur
i have resolved the other issues as far as what was posted by researching on my own. however the image uploading is a big thorn in my side still. I use godaddy for hosting

the text of the error is

Attachment DSCF0178[2].JPG not found

this is happening for most images, Yes in my setup i have checked to see that JPG is in the list and I also added BMP to it in case someone resizes an image and those seem to be working. any ideas on fixing this?

here is the config report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : siteground-j15-175 | author: Siteground | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 10/2010

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Billhur.
More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by rich

. I use godaddy for hosting

That's apparently is a problem by godaddy. You find a file "php5.ini" on your server. Change the name from "php5.ini" to "php5.txt", then it should work.
www.kunena.org/forum/36-German/111290-Da...-m%C3%B6glich#111496
More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by Billhur
Ok i changed the directory
php5.ini to php5.txt and it does leave an image (very small thumbnail with the filename) there, however an error comes up after the file is placed. it says

500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17152 bytes) in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.image.class.php on line 357

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

For support click here: Kunena Support

any idea on how to fix that and should I submit another configuration report or change file size in the Kunena Image area on my joomla account manager?
More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Out-of-memory errors are usually handled, in the first instance, by seeing if it's possible to increase the amount of PHP memory you have dedicated to your website however a number of considerations have to be taken into account before seeing if this is necessarily the most appropriate solution in your case.

There are a few Wiki articles that deal, directly and indirectly, with PHP memory but I think the one I would start with first is Improving Kunena performance .

Image resizing consumes a lot of PHP memory, particularly if you are trying to resize very large images. Let me start by asking you if these problems you are having when uploading images affect all image uploads or only some of them. For example, do you have these problems when you attempt to upload a small image (say, 100px x 100px or, say, 50 Kbytes).

I see from your configuration report that you want to allow images up 10000000 px x 1000000 px (or 5 Mbytes). This kind of configuration is unusually large and, for the 32 Mbytes of PHP memory you have allowed, is impossibly large. Again, Improving Kunena performance will assist you to calculate the amount of PHP memory needed by your server to process these images and dynamically resize them on your forum.

I come back to the question I have asked earlier: do these problems occur if you try to upload small images or do they only occur if you try to upload really big ones?
More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by Billhur
everything is fixed as far as now. thanks for your help
More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Including the questions you've asked in this topic, too?
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by Billhur
the image upload problem is back

I changed nothing and yet the problem came back uploading only larger JPG files.
if i try to upload a smaller png file there is no issue.

what now?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Billhur.
More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by Billhur

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : siteground-j15-175 | author: Siteground | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 10/2010

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 1.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds