Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Image uploads having errors

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #21 by GoremanX
Hi Billhur,

I'm afraid the details of Joomla management are outside the purview of this forum. We're only here to help you with any issues you come up with in Kunena. I get the impression that you could benefit greatly by acquiring a book on Joomla installation and management. Many good options are listed on this page:
docs.kunena.org/index.php/K_1.6_%26_K_1....uide#Further_Reading

There are also many other options which can be found at the joomla.org web site. And even more on Amazon.com as well. And many of these are eBooks, which you can read right on yout computer and follow along with.

Until you become more familiar with Joomla and web site management, these kinds of problems will always come up.

Good luck!

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by GoremanX.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #22 by Billhur
I installed joomla 2.5 and the recent version of Kunena and this is the error i get when trying to upload an image of 3mb or larger

I am on with tech support from Godaddy there is a problem with line 357. Go daddy says there is a script issue where the Kunena or Joomla is Exceeding the allowed memory on godaddy servers, they provide services to other clients who are not experiencing this issue that I am.

What do you think can be done about this
Attachments:
More
12 years 1 month ago #23 by Billhur
I gave up on godaddy and ordered Hostgator, we will see how that goes, now the wait and the rebuild.

Question, 1.6 1.7 or 2.5 I want to spend nothing more and 2.5 seems to be very commercial with its templates and components, where 1.5 seems to be free on most everything, how is the status of
1.6 and 1.7
More
12 years 1 month ago #24 by Jiminimonka
Sozzled has written this elsewhere on the forums, recently, as have many others; before you decide anything you need to know exactly what your website is about, what you want and why, and then you can choose what is best for you.

It does not take 5 minutes to get a website running well, it takes time, 2-3 weeks before it's all good.

Joomla 2.5.1 is probably the best route to go, it will have better support. Joomla 1.5 is reaching its end of life (no more support) in April 2012. The reason there are so many free modules for Joomla 1.5 is that it has been around a lot longer. There are plenty of free modules for Joomla 2.5, including templates and of course Kunena.

These decisions are yours to make, but before you do all that you need to find a good book or online tutorial on how to use Joomla.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
12 years 1 month ago #25 by sozzled
I believe that we have now spent enough time involved on this particular subject given the specific circumstances involved. This topic is closed.
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds