Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Moderator approval required before messages appear on the forum

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by webfeet
Is it possible to have a moderator approve all posts before they are available to the forum community?

If so how is this achieved please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by prma85
Replied by prma85 on topic About moderation
Hi

I need help setting up a forum.

I need to create a moderate topics, ie, only topics that are created are approved by the moderator, but the responses to topics, can be free without the need for moderation. How can I do this?

I've looked at several times the configuration part of the forum and did not find this option. It's something we need here on the intranet.

Appreciate the attention.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: About moderation
G'day, prma85, and welcome to Kunena.

Define your categories to be Review Posts = Yes. See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) . No, you cannot have new topics subject to review and replies not subject to review. All messages posted in those categories (where you have Review Posts = Yes) must be reviewed by a moderator before they appear on the forum. That's just the way it is.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prma85

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by prma85
Replied by prma85 on topic Re: About moderation
Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the reply, I did the configuration, but there are still two question, would appreciate if you could help me.

With each new post (a reply to topic), is being sent an email to ALL users, stating that they are moderators need to review the post. I've set up two moderators for each category and still this problem persists. Could anyone help me, I wonder what I'm doing wrong. But even so, the post now appears, only the moderator asks to take a look.

The other issue is that even though I put moderation, people can create new topics, without having prior approval.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Moderator approval
I'm willing to bet that you are using J! 1.7 (or J! 2.5) yes? And you've set everyone to be an administrator. Common mistake made by many newcomers to Joomla.

See [Merged topic] Every new user has Administrator rights and K 1.7.1 New post emailed to ALL USERS!

As for your third question,

The other issue is that even though I put moderation, people can create new topics, without having prior approval.

The answer is that everyone, on your site, has administrator privileges on your forum! You have incorrectly set up J! 1.7 (or J! 2.5) - I don't know which one you're using because I have not seen your Kunena configuration report - I'm guessing.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Moderator approval
In J!2.5 I asked the team to fix language in ACL to be more meaningful so that issues like this wouldn't happen anymore. Now it reads: "Access Administration Interface".

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8 by prma85
Replied by prma85 on topic Re: Moderator approval
Hi,

Thanks again.

All users are just "Registered" in joomla. And I'm using Joomla 2.5.

Really do not know where to change the settings so that only people can create new topics after going for moderation.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 80M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : intranet | author: Paulo Andrade | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 15 October 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by prma85.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Moderator approval
I answered your question in msg #4 . If you want messages to be reviewed by your forum moderation team, you define, for each category where you need this, Review Posts = Yes.

Your K 1.7 configuration report shows that I was right in my conclusion that you are using J! 2.5.

If all your members are registered users and all members are receiving emails about messages requiring them to be approved, then I would conclude that you have somehow changed the default Joomla ACL permissions. Have you changed any Joomla ACL permissions (yes or no, please)?

You should also read How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by prma85
Replied by prma85 on topic Re: Moderator approval
Hi.

Has not changed any permissions from the ACL, but a new group was created so that only this group saw some modules. Just that.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds