- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 3
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Question Is kunena still using jQuery?
14 years 10 months ago #111130
by cybnet
Replied by cybnet on topic Re: Is kunena still using jQuery?
Kunena 1.7.0, CB 1.7.1, joomla 1.5.25.
As jquery is loaded when some integration option is set to CB, I assume jquery is loaded by CB. So, if I want to use CB Avatar linked to CB profie I have to load jquery (and other jquery plugins loaded by CB like tabpane.min.js), even if I don't need it
.
All joomla developers should use the default js library!!!!
As jquery is loaded when some integration option is set to CB, I assume jquery is loaded by CB. So, if I want to use CB Avatar linked to CB profie I have to load jquery (and other jquery plugins loaded by CB like tabpane.min.js), even if I don't need it
All joomla developers should use the default js library!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #111141
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Is kunena still using jQuery?
Yes, CB loads its own JQuery library when integration is turned on. I reported from this issue forward to the CB team; maybe they will figure out how to prevent this from happening when it's not needed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #111147
by cybnet
Replied by cybnet on topic Re: Is kunena still using jQuery?
Thank you very much!!!
I hope CB team take care of this.
I hope CB team take care of this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #111155
by beat
Beat
CB Team
Replied by beat on topic Re: Is kunena still using jQuery?
CB loads jQuery if it is needed only, normally. Some field types need it, so even if it's not obviously needed there is some progressive improvements made by CB that result in zero javascript markup in html, as it's done in JS files.
However, CB uses jQuery in non-conflict (from mootools) mode, so it's not an issue, unless your template also uses jQuery, in which case, it needs to be using the jQuery loading convention.
However, CB uses jQuery in non-conflict (from mootools) mode, so it's not an issue, unless your template also uses jQuery, in which case, it needs to be using the jQuery loading convention.
Beat
CB Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #111168
by cybnet
Replied by cybnet on topic Re: Is kunena still using jQuery?
I don't have any conflict between libraries, all is working fine. I just don't want jQuery and other js files when they are not needed, and I think nobody wants. Currently my kunena forum only display CB avatar, username and the link to CB profile, jQuery is not needed for sure, or am I wrong?
Thank you beat to come here!!!
Thank you beat to come here!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds