Kunena 5.1.14 Released - Security release (13 Aug 2019)

The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.14 [K5.1.14] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.14. This update fixed 1 security issue.

Important [Merged topic] J! 1.6+: PDF feature does not work

More
8 years 5 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by Josh07
I have the PDF option enabled in the configuration but the icon does not show up on the bottom...any ideas how to make this work?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : bizconnect | author: mambasana.ru | version: r1-j1.6 | creationdate: 13/02/2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged several topics; changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for your question, Josh. The feature you refer to has been disabled in K 1.6 and the option you refer to in the forum configuration settings will be removed.

There are other alternatives to creating PDF version of web pages. Most browsers these days have PDF-creation add-on functions. I suggest you use Google to search for those kinds of things. :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
sozzled meant that feature doesn't work in Joomla 1.6 because of there's no libraries installed to do that (feature was removed from Joomla).

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by Josh07
Thanks for the reply. The reason I was looking for a PDF creation is because my site is made up of many categories and sub categories and the last level of categories has 10 topics. Since there is no PDF feature is there an easy way to load all 10 topics and reply's onto a new page in that specific category?

I was thinking a variation of the RSS feed might work but I can't get the icon to show up in subcategories, just main category and recent topics.

Any Suggestions on how I could get this?
The site is www.thesermonbuilder.com
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Josh07.

More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by Josh07
Also thanks for the clarification Matias. I cam blame Joomla 1.6 not you guys for it not working... :P

More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by cally6008
Kunena 1.6.3

I've enabled PDF creation which works fine.

The only problem is that photos attached to the topic do not show in the PDF
This is not a problem as hosting the photo on my website allows the photo to show

The actual problem is the size of the photo in the PDF, it is much smaller than in the topic
I'm not sure where I should be looking to play at getting the photo to its orginal size

More
8 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
The PDF creation in Joomla is very basic. As I recall (I haven't used the function for a long while) there is no image representation in a Joomla-generated PDF function. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

More
8 years 3 months ago #8 by cally6008
Ahhh, I thought it was Kunena doing the PDF creation not Joomla. I'll head over to Joomla and see if I can find anything to help. I've tried the PhocaPDF but don't think it's working.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Jiminimonka
I have installed Kunena on 3 different website, and in each installation, even though I have the PDF option enabled in Kunena config, there is no PDF Icon on any of these forums.

I checked if the template was the problem by trying the default ones as well as custom ones, and in all instances the RSS feed icon is visible on the main page, but in the posts, its either no icon, or just the RSS feed icon.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : jm_biz_purple | author: jm-expert! | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 1 March 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #10 by xillibit
Hello,

The pdf icon is present but only for topic, like here you will see a pdf icon in the bottom of the page

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds