Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #691 by sozzled
Helfgott: See Discuss 1.7 Captcha

sozzled wrote: Did you fix the problem you were having with being able to generate a config. report?

If you fixed that problem, please read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. Your config. report may help.

Did you read msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first ?

A quick check of the JED shows that BT Content Slider . I would not use any extension that is is pulled down from the JED for whatever reasons the JED editors believe it is necessary to do so. The BT Content Slider may be the reason that you cannot edit user profiles any more. :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #692 by Helfgott
Hello sozzled, thanks to respond.

I'll post using the posting guide next time, excuse me for that.

Btw, i solved it is the K2 extension, i uninstalled it and everything works ok.

BT Content Slider was installed before when it was ok with JED and i had no issue with it (i just enabled it yesterday). And was removed for JED for something about "Terms and conditions" not for functionality or something.

Well, as i said is K2 the problem :), i wasn't able to change avatar, use bbcode or smiles.

best regards.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Helfgott.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #693 by sozzled
Helfgott: Did you fix the problem that you reported in HTTP 500 Error: [K 1.7] Report Configuration Settings ? :S

Helfgott wrote:

K2 [was] the problem. I wasn't able to change avatar, use bbcode or smiles.

And if we had known earlier that you also did not have BBcode or smilies, you would have had a much simpler answer than the one I gave you. ;)

*** Topics merged ***

For the benefit of everyone else who is reading this topic, as far as K2 is concerned, this matter is addressed and resolved (as Helfgott agrees) by reading the advice in msg #1 of this topic.

More
11 years 11 months ago #694 by CraigieD
Kunena 1.7.2
Joomla 2.5.4

Gantry Framework template
K2 2.5.6 Installed

When a user clicks through to their profile they can't edit their profile. I've tried disabling K2 and tried using Joomla User Manager rather than K2 but to no avail.

Any ideas?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #695 by sozzled
G'day, CraigieD, and welcome to Kunena. The answer, even though you know the reply has been "done to death", lies in reading msG #1 of this topic. Being "done to death" doesn't change the fact that these problems arise from the choices that people people made before they installed and tested Kunena.

Unusual to find these JavaScript library conflict-caused issues in J! 2.5, but not impossible. Suggest you disable Build Title Spans in your Gantry template, if possible to do so, and load K2 plugins in different order as recommended in the links in msg #1 of this topic. I hope that helps.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #696 by JoE12
I am using Kunena 1.7.2 with Joomla 1.5 and am unable to save any changes in Profile section of the forum. When on save it turns blue but nothing happens. I have previously been able to upload an avatar image but didn't try anything else.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by JoE12.

More
11 years 10 months ago #697 by JoE12
Also if it helps. I had installed Envolve Chat and Simple Subscribe after being able to upload an avatar image. Thinking this may be the problem I have now uninstalled both and the problem still exists.
I am in a quite a rush for an answer, any suggestions?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #698 by sozzled
@JoeE: I merged your topic with this long-running topic that discusses these kinds of problems. Please see msg #1 of this topic. I think you will find the answers there.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #699 by wicketts
Hello,

We have recently installed the latest versions of Joomla and Kunena and have run across a problem.

We have created menu items for users to view the profiles which works fine but there isn't an 'edit' button to allow them to change the details of their account.

Is this a quick and easy fix? A common issue? I've found quite a few references to it around the 'net but not a solution.

Many thanks

James

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #700 by sozzled
@wicketts: I merged your topic with this long-running topic that discusses these kinds of problems. Please see msg #1 of this topic. I think you will find the answers there.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds