Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
11 years 11 months ago #681 by sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #682 by fk97440
one month later..... up ?

More
11 years 11 months ago #683 by Admata
Try to enable Joomla 'System - Mootools Upgrade' plugin ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago #684 by sozzled
You cannot "enable" the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin in J! 2.5.1 because there is no such thing in J! 2.5.x.

Nonetheless, the problem is the same as the issues referred to in msg #1 of this topic. There is a Javascript library conflict caused by something loaded by another Joomla extension on the problem site (but I don't know white one it is). I would discuss your issue with the people who developed the jv-framework template; ask them if their template works with K 1.7.2.

More
11 years 11 months ago #685 by fk97440
I tried to disable all modules/plugins the problem is still there. I tried to reinstall joomla and kunena without jv-framework, using the main template, same problem.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #686 by sozzled

fk97440 wrote: I tried to disable all modules/plugins the problem is still there. I tried to reinstall joomla and kunena without jv-framework, using the main template, same problem.

I should probably write an article called "When all else fails, try this":

This is what I would write in my article:

(1) Create a completely new "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla test site (it doesn't matter if you use J! 1.5.26 or J! 2.5.4 for this test). On this test site, do not install anything else. Do not install any other templates, or extensions like sh404SEF or Community Builder for example.

(2) Using this test site, install K 1.7.2. Do not change any of the original configuration.

(3) With this very simple test site, I would like you to try the same test. Do you have your original problem on this test site? If everything works then you have found the answer to all of your problems. You now have a working website! :woohoo:

(4) One by one, change your test site by adding the other extensions you have on your problem site. After adding each extension, continue to test Kunena to make sure that you do not have any problems. Either you will find something that you've added which caused the problem (and then you can fix it up or remove it from your live site) or you won't. If you don't find the problem on your test site then (again) you now have a site that works! And then you can use this working site instead of the one that you've got problems with.

The first three steps should take you less than one hour.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #687 by fk97440
Hello sozzled, yesterday i changed joomla template (from jv framework jv melody to yougrid) and now the button works !!!

Unbelievable !!

I had tried to reinstall joomla without any more template and the button didn't work ! Now with this template it worls !

More
11 years 11 months ago #688 by yakman
Replied by yakman on topic Lost My Boarcode
I changed templates with my new load of 1.7

I went from siteground-j15-1 to js_impacto template

I can't figure out why when I switch templates the boardcode you can't see

any suggestions would be helpful. What effects the boardcode?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #689 by Helfgott
Replied by Helfgott on topic Cannot edit user profiles
Hi guys, i ran into a trouble with Kunena 1.7, i was able to edit users profile (avatar and stuff) but now i can't.

=========================
Recent changes

* Installed K2
* Enabled BT Slide Content
==========================

I found with firebug:

<div id="kprofile-edit">
<dl class="tabs">
<dt class="open">User Account</dt>
<dd style="display: none;"> :(
<dt class="closed">blbalblabla</dt>
<dt class="closed">Image - Avatar</dt>
<dt class="closed">forum options...</dt>
<dd style="display: none;">
</dl>

When user is logged in, the css don't change so the user is unable to change his profile, obviously enabling display:block with firebug works and let change the avatar.

Any idea? tx in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Helfgott.

More
11 years 11 months ago #690 by sozzled
yakman: please read msg #1 of this topic for the answer.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds