- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Question Having trouble setting up the Kunena menu
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #64711
by joey2509
Having trouble setting up the Kunena menu was created by joey2509
*****
Moderator's note:
This topic was split from Avoiding and overcoming upgrade nightmares
*****
I think I am almost home and thank everybody for dealing a newbie to Joomla like myself. Anyhoo, innthe trouble shooting I a reference :ifm you dont have anyy Kunena menu which is the case and it says it has to be set up in the control panel but dont see anything about it in there.
Moderator's note:
This topic was split from Avoiding and overcoming upgrade nightmares
*****
I think I am almost home and thank everybody for dealing a newbie to Joomla like myself. Anyhoo, innthe trouble shooting I a reference :ifm you dont have anyy Kunena menu which is the case and it says it has to be set up in the control panel but dont see anything about it in there.
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Explain reason for topic split
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 11 months ago #64719
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Avoiding and overcoming upgrade "nightmares"
Although this is off-topic to the original discussion:
Go to Components » Kunena Forum in the backend. This takes you to the Kunena Control Panel. There is an option on the Control Panel called Create Menu. Do you see it now?
Go to Components » Kunena Forum in the backend. This takes you to the Kunena Control Panel. There is an option on the Control Panel called Create Menu. Do you see it now?
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 11 months ago #64799
by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Re: Upgrade Nightmare
I did that and nothing changed, I did notice that the links for the tabs are there on top of forum, just not the images to the tabs...take a look if you can...
www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/forum.html
www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/forum.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 11 months ago #64834
by fxstein
We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory .
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Upgrade Nightmare
Hi,
This is a css issue. You menu.css overrides the colors of the kunena menu and makes them white on white background. Let me see if we can work around this from within our css files.
This is a css issue. You menu.css overrides the colors of the kunena menu and makes them white on white background. Let me see if we can work around this from within our css files.
We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 11 months ago #64847
by severdia
Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Replied by severdia on topic Re: Upgrade Nightmare
The Times Plazza template you're using from Template Plazza is overriding the default Kunena styles for the main menu. You have two options:
1. Remove the property for the background color in the menu.css file (in your main template folder). It's around line 27. Remove the background: #FFF line in the ul.menu li a span
2. Add the following to your main template CSS file:
1. Remove the property for the background color in the menu.css file (in your main template folder). It's around line 27. Remove the background: #FFF line in the ul.menu li a span
2. Add the following to your main template CSS file:
Code:
ul.menu li a span {
background: transparent !important;
}
Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 11 months ago #64849
by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Re: Upgrade Nightmare
Fxstein, I will hold off until you tell me if you have any other ideas, I really dont know css and I am bit nervous about playing around but I guess thats how you learn.
again thanks for all the help! I really love this new forum, I have used a lot of forums platforms over the years like Vbulleten, infopop and groupee and I think this is just as good if not better.
again thanks for all the help! I really love this new forum, I have used a lot of forums platforms over the years like Vbulleten, infopop and groupee and I think this is just as good if not better.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds