Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Please help with User Profile privacy

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by nature1
Hello everyone. I am new to Kunena and web building all in all. But I'm trying to build my web site. I am learning, while building.
Now I'm stuck with an issue of hiding user profile.
i registered myself as a user in my forum to start testing functionality. But when I enter my forum as a guest, if i click on the user (myself (even when user is signed-out from the forum) I can see user's profile.
This is not right. There should be an option for a user to choose either to hide his/her profile or to show, or maybe partially hide or show.

Please help me out here.
nature1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, nature1, and welcome to Kunena

May I make two requests of you, please:

(1) Can you reproduce those same conditions here, at www.kunena.com ?
(2) Can we please see your K 1.6 configuration report?

Thank you :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by nature1
Hello Sozzled.
I of course would do it if you told me how.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

nature1 wrote: I of course would do it if you told me how.

As I don't know how to reproduce the problems that you're having here at Kunena.com; that's why I asked you the first question. Can you answer that question, please?

You will be able to answer my second question by reading K 1.6 Configuration Report . I hope that helps.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by nature1
To paste the whole content? Sorry, i understand that i look stupid... but i'm learning. And thank you for your support.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC2 | Build: 3373 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled

nature1 wrote: ... when I enter my forum as a guest

I can't enter your forum as a guest. So, as I asked you before, can you please explain how this is possible to reproduce the problem that you are having. When we have the answer to that question we might be able to help.

Thank you.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by nature1
sorry, i probably did not understand you.

when i go to my site (as a guest) and enter our form, then let's say click on Recent Topics, there is just one topic with post from one user. when i click on that user i can see complete profile. I do not want that any person, not registered would be able to see user's profiles.
I assume that I did not do setup properly and need your help.

thx

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
My mistake. It's not easy for me to understand Cyrillic script.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by nature1
O, please, no! there are 2 flags. click on British flag to switch to an English. Then there are 3 tabs on the top menu. 3rd one is Our Forum. If you click on that you will see the menu. click recent topics and then on the user there and profile will open right there

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Thanks. I figured things out even with the little bit of knowledge I have with Cyrillic script. I can't reproduce the problem here at Kunena.com nor with my own test sites either. I think this might have been a defect with the RC2 version that has been fixed in a later release. I'm sorry for your inconvenience.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds