Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago #601 by xillibit
Try by disabling all plugins/modules and re-enable them one by one by checking each time if kunena is working.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #602 by madLyfe
yep, the plugin causing the problem is the system plugin RokBox from RocketTheme..

word up!
More
13 years 3 months ago #603 by madLyfe
wonder what i should do to get around this..

word up!
More
13 years 3 months ago #604 by sozzled
Rockettheme-related product issues should be reported to Rockettheme . In the meantime, you know the cause and you know the solution; you may have to live with the RokBox plugin disabled until Rockettheme provides you with a Mootools 1.2.4-compatible solution.
More
13 years 3 months ago #605 by madLyfe
ah ok.. i have made a post on the rockettheme board to see what the scoop is..

word up!
More
13 years 3 months ago #606 by iVeedu
Well..Kunena team did a great job with this program and no question about that. After all, this is provided FREE.. but, I was wondering, since your own version 1.5 worked without these issues, couldn't you design 1.6 somehow to be problem free irrespective of the jquery/mootools versions? I am not an expert in the web programming but just curious.
More
13 years 3 months ago #607 by sozzled
iVeedu: K 1.5 (and K 1.0 before it) depended on jQuery. K 1.5 had many problems involving Javascript conflicts because people were using software that was incompatible with jQuery and with Kunena's own Javascript. If you don't believe me, just do a search of this site.

As we have said on numerous occasions, the developers took the strategic decision (whether it was the right one or not, only time will tell) to use Mootools. Everyone is entitled to use whatever they like. Kunena is designed for Joomla and Mootools (which is a core part of Joomla). If you want to use something else, that's your decision. A very small number of people do not have the skill or the patience to resolve their Mootools problems. Sometimes it's necessary to make compromises, sometimes there is software that cannot be made compatible with Mootools 1.2.4, and sometimes it's not worth the cost. We understand that and we sympathise with the difficult choices that people have to make.

Choosing Mootools 1.2.4 was a difficult choice. We hope you understand that too. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: iVeedu
More
13 years 3 months ago #608 by iVeedu
Thanks Sozzled for your reply. Appreciated.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #609 by Youngrob
:( This message comes up when using forum. "Template doesn't support Mootools 1.2 version. Unpublish 'System - Mootools Upgrade' plugin in the back end of your Joomla! site."

Tried but it appears blocked. Any ideas.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching
More
13 years 3 months ago #610 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: message from webpage
Hello,

What do you mean by blocked ?

Can-you put here please the kunena report configuration ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Time to create page: 0.569 seconds