Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago #541 by RolandDeschain
If you are using an older version of RocketTheme's RokBox, uninstall it and install the latest version, that fixed this issue for me. You can test this by disabling the old rokbox and testing your forum.

Cheers
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #542 by iVeedu
Thanks for the tip. Not using RokBox...see www.iVeedu.com
More
13 years 4 months ago #543 by 810
Try the default joomla template milkway, i think its the template scripts, or the menu module.

regards 810
More
13 years 4 months ago #544 by RolandDeschain
Yes it will be a script conflict for sure. Good luck.
More
13 years 4 months ago #545 by iVeedu
Given this problem - Is there a way to insert an image in the topic or is that also not going work?
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #546 by morness
Oh boy, I'm quite lost but I am having many of the same problems others are with BBCode smilies showing up but not functional, inability to edit profile and avatars, etc.

I read this detailed documentation: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Mootools_1.2.4

Very good read. I looked at my website header for www.harvestcircuit.com/joomla/index.php/forum/profile/edit and found this mootool entry:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>

And looking that up, the version is 1.12. That is the only mootools entry in my header at my root site home and in the profile edit page.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Joomla default template details : civanov | author: Christian | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2)

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do next. System - Mootools12 does not appear in my plugin list, though the upgrade one does. Upgrading Mootools doesn't seem so cut and dry... not sure how to go about that. We're using a custom template based off of rhys_milkyway that uses jquery 1.3.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by morness.
More
13 years 4 months ago #547 by sozzled

morness wrote: I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do next. System - Mootools12 does not appear in my plugin list, though the upgrade one does. Upgrading Mootools doesn't seem so cut and dry... not sure how to go about that. We're using a custom template based off of rhys_milkyway that uses jquery 1.3.

You are right. If you are using Joomla 1.5.21 then System - Mootools12 will not appear on your plugin list. What you need to do next is to remove, from the extension that has it, the reference to
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
Another thing that you might possibly do is to rename the file ../joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js as ../joomla/media/system/js/mootools.old.

If you are using jQuery, you need to make sure that it is loaded in "noconflict" mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: morness
More
13 years 4 months ago #548 by morness

sozzled wrote: If you are using jQuery, you need to make sure that it is loaded in "noconflict" mode.

Thank you! After a couple hours of experimenting, researching, and learning... was finally able to get it all working. Turns out my problems had nothing to do with mootools, therefore kind of the wrong thread. In my case, it was a jquery/javascript conflict, which I suppose is the same thing. Our website had jquery code to do fades, slideouts, and transitions, and apparently that code stomped all over Kunena functionality. Putting the code into noConflict mode is what ultimately fixed it.

You can read on for other things I messed around with to figure it all out.

sozzled wrote: You are right. If you are using Joomla 1.5.21 then System - Mootools12 will not appear on your plugin list. What you need to do next is to remove, from the extension that has it, the reference to

Code:
Another thing that you might possibly do is to rename the file ../joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js as ../joomla/media/system/js/mootools.old.

1. We were using JBLibrary (which owns jquery), and disabling it had no effect... and the website still worked! So then I looked at the code to see where it was referencing jquery, and found it was grabbing directly from jquery.com. Doh! So I fixed that and pointed that to our own internal version within JBLibrary, although that also feels wrong:
Code:
<script src="/joomla/media/plg_jblibrary/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
This is because if I disable JBLibrary, the jquery still runs because we're just skipping the whole intermediate layer and going right to the source.

3. Renaming mootools.js to something else or disabling Mootools via JBLibrary both had the same effect. Couldn't discover what impact that had on the site, but in either case, the Kunena features still did not work. So basically this proved mootools wasn't the issue here.

4. I could get the Kunena features back was by disabling JBLibrary and switching our template to the default rhys_milkyway. That basically proved it was jquery.

5. I had no clue how to get jquery in noconflict mode, but this article helped me figure it out: api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/
More
13 years 4 months ago #549 by sozzled

morness wrote: Turns out my problems had nothing to do with mootools, therefore kind of the wrong thread. In my case, it was a jquery/javascript conflict, which I suppose is the same thing. Our website had jquery code ...

No, this isn't the wrong topic. Kunena uses Mootools 1.2.4 and therefore if you can't get the Javascript behaviours for the BBclode toolbar, the smiley insertion, the inability to edit profiles, etc., then you have a Mootools 1.2.4 conflict issue with another Javascript library.

The two Javascript libraries that cause the most problems for Kunena are Mootools 1.1.2 and jQuery.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #550 by iVeedu
I wish there is a dummies version of step-by-step instruction to fix this. I should have stayed with K1.5 :(

Anyone know any trick to insert an image in the topic without the help of k toolbar?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by iVeedu.
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds