Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #491 by sozzled
G'day, MeSs, and welcome to Kunena.

The reason that you keep finding references to Mootools 1.2.4 in connection with your problem is because there is a connection between Mootools 1.2.4 and your problem. Because there is a connection, I have merged your question with an existing topic that should provide all the information that you will need to resolve your problem.

Basically, you need to discover what it is in your website that is calling a Javascript library that is incompatible with Mootools 1.2.4 (that is basically clobbering Mootools 1.2.4) and when you have discovered the cause of that conflict you need to do something about it.

In your case I can see that your site template (themza_j15_66) is loading its own version of a Mootools library - it's probably an older version of Mootools - and that is what is causing this problem. You need to contact the developers of that template and ask them the question "What can I do about using your template that is conflicting with Joomla 1.5.22 and other extensions that I would like to run?" and see what they say.

Alternatively, you could try a different site template and see if this makes a difference.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MeSs
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #492 by MeSs
Thanks sozzled, but i have tried the default template too.. Did not help at all :(
If it helps, im using Jevents also..
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MeSs.
More
13 years 4 months ago #493 by sozzled
MeSs: I just went to your website. You are still using the themza_j15_66 template. It's not specifically this template that is causing the problem but it's the whole stack of other stuff that this template has loaded onto your website.

When you wrote that you have tried the "default" template, which one did you try?

Sometimes these things can't be solved by merely switching templates. Sometimes you have to actually uninstall the conflicting Joomla extension. Have you tried to do that?

I don't know about Jevents. Does Jevents load a conflicting Javascript library? You could find out by uninstalling Jevents as well.
More
13 years 4 months ago #494 by data
finally solved the BBcode, attachment and +/- issue in kunena.

Had to install fresh into the a new joomla to test

copied every folder (components, modules, plugins, libraries) over to the old one, still same issue.

Then in my problematic site (using a modded milkyway theme, btw) i noticed there's a call to a jquery.js file, which i disabled it.

and viola!!!! everything works now. Tried it on my live site, removed the js file from the template, and yep, everything back to normal.

which means, my template cannot make the same call to a jquery file.
More
13 years 4 months ago #495 by MeSs
Yeah, the default joomla template.. I could try, i will try this evening :)
More
13 years 4 months ago #496 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Can't upload files
Hello,

Your issue is that the Mootools library isn't loaded, so some Kunena functions doesn't work, this should help you : www.kunena.org/forum/168-k-16-support/63...er-javascript-issues

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #497 by bristolgizmo
think i may have found the problem

How do i update mootools ?:sick:
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bristolgizmo.
More
13 years 4 months ago #498 by bristolgizmo
More
13 years 4 months ago #499 by sozzled
Yes, bristolgizmo, your website is trying to load Mootools 1.1.2 which is old, outdated, and conflicts with Mootools 1.2.4 . Get rid of your use of Mootools 1.1.2 and you will one step closer to fixing your problems (if you don't, in fact, solve all of them).
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #500 by aHardyX
Ok sorry for the same problem report but I have Mootools 1.3 installed with legacy support but it is still not working

And it doesn't even work with the default template of Joomla.

Config:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 34M | Max file upload: 4M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

What should I do now?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by aHardyX. Reason: More info added
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds