Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 4 months ago #481 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Users Can Not Edit Profile

darkrose wrote: I've noticed that my htaccess is missing? Could this be the cause? If so how to I change the status to exists?

Hello,

The issue doesn't come from the htaccess

Do yo have a test account on your site, like i can see the issue (use
This message contains confidential information
to let only moderators to see the datas) ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #482 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Users Can Not Edit Profile
This looks like another Rockettheme ( Mootools 1.2.4 conflict) issue to me.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirTom
More
13 years 4 months ago #483 by VectorHero
Replied by VectorHero on topic Profile Editing
I have found that users are unable to edit their profiles. The edit and save buttons are available but no other editing functions are availabe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments:
More
13 years 4 months ago #484 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Profile Editing
Hello,

You have a mootools conflict somewhere

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #485 by etkritikonspoudon
Concerning this javascript conflict issue, there may be a workaround, I apologize if this has been mentioned before...

There is a Joomla extension called " loadplugin_CK " in JED which allows you to choose the pages in which a particular plugin will be activated...so one could have the plugin called in the Kunena forum pages and disabled in all others, so this would minimize or side-step any library conflicts...

This will not do it for all conceivable cases, since there may be modules that the user may want appearing on all pages...
But it will do the trick for most...

PS: I have not used it myself, just came across it today in the JED...

There is also another one, "mootools control" which I have not bothered to look at really, but maybe it could come useful
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by etkritikonspoudon.
More
13 years 4 months ago #486 by data
Replied by data on topic Re: Can't upload files

quorox wrote: It looks as if the issue of the OP and mine weren't exactly the same after all. While playing around with firebug, I discovered what was causing my problem.

The file-upload dialog for Kunena is defined as:

Code:
<input type="file" name="kattachment1" class="kfile-input hidden">

The css-file from the site-template contained a line:
Code:
.hidden {display: none;}

But Kunena css also contains a definition for the hidden class:
Code:
.hidden {overflow: hidden;}

The site-template definition ruled out the Kunena definition and caused the file-input textbox not to be rendered. I removed the line from the template and now it works. Yeah!

Where do i find this site template css?

i'm having similar issues. I can upload file, but the text box is just now showing the file i had selected.

thanks
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #487 by data
Replied by data on topic Re: Can't upload files
To further highlight the problem (use IE debugger)

It seems the label appears off from the Add File field.

Anyone can help me realign this back?

it says slimbox-min.js not supported,
And located at plugin/systems/mtuupgrade/mootools.js

Can anyone enlighten me on this please?

thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by data.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #488 by secailku
Replied by secailku on topic moootools conflict
Hi,

I'm running kunena 1.6 and joomlavision template and with jv_tools Slideshow Module also..
but unfortunately there are conflict while i tried install / using kunena forum.
i found that the expand + - on kunena forum did not work

index.php template :

index.php :

// Javascript

unset($this->_scripts[$this->baseurl . '/media/system/js/mootools.js']);
unset($this->_scripts[$this->baseurl . '/media/system/js/caption.js']);

if($gzip == "true") :
$this->_scripts = array_merge(array(_TEMPLATE_URL . 'js/jv.script.js.php' => 'text/javascript'), $this->_scripts);
else:
//$this->_scripts = array_merge(array(_TEMPLATE_URL . 'js/jv.collapse.js' => 'text/javascript'), $this->_scripts);
$this->_scripts = array_merge(array(_TEMPLATE_URL . 'js/jv.script.js' => 'text/javascript'), $this->_scripts);
$this->_scripts = array_merge(array(_TEMPLATE_URL . 'js/mootools.js' => 'text/javascript'), $this->_scripts);
endif;

if i remove those code above...
the expand + - kunena forum work well...but the slideshow module will not working.

and here what i gave from asking in joomlavision support forum :

Hello,

Up to the present, we haven't supported Mootools 1.2.x. With joomla 1.5.x we only support mootools 1.1.x (joomla core's library)

We confirm with you that Mootools 1.2.x is NOT a default library. When you want to use, you must enable it via plugin manager.

There are many templates club, extenions club, joomla developers using mootools 1.1.x in order that if you enable mootools 1.2.x then it will killed all templates/extensions.

We recommend you to contact the Kunena team to get their support about this issue. Because the Kunena team has been working with the Joomla Mootools 1.2 plugin for the past 6 months and are excited. So they will know how to make their extension work with joomla 1.5 default and mootool 1.1 and other 3rd extensions

Kind regards,
JV Team

please, could anyone help me to find this solution?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by secailku.
More
13 years 4 months ago #489 by FreeThinker

etkritikonspoudon wrote: There is a Joomla extension called " loadplugin_CK " in JED which allows you to choose the pages in which a particular plugin will be activated...so one could have the plugin called in the Kunena forum pages and disabled in all others, so this would minimize or side-step any library conflicts...

So I've installed this module and enabled it only in kunena, and set it to launch mtupgrade.php located in system and disabled the Mootools plugin (as said in instructions), but it seems not workin':(

I'll post here my settings:
Attachments:
More
13 years 4 months ago #490 by MeSs
Replied by MeSs on topic Problem with editing profile
I have a big problem with editing profiles on my Kunena Forum, i cant click any of the tabs after clicking edit. I cant even change the avatar picture. :unsure:

ive searched and searched for answers, but i keep finding something about mootools.

Here is the data from my page:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : themza_j15_66 | author: Themza Team | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2010-11-22

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Time to create page: 0.671 seconds