Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 5 months ago #421 by joey2509
I disabled the menu for the forum page and also switch templates and the problem still exists. I also pull out that line of code and still no good...I did see that someone posted about "using a poll module to fix the problem but didnt really understand, anybody have some incite on that or anything :)
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #422 by sozzled
Freethinker: While we have your attention, I notice that you are running Joomla 1.5 in "legacy mode". Please read the very important information about Legacy mode and take steps now to eliminate your continued dependence on this feature of Joomla before you have problems in the future.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #423 by sozzled

joey2509 wrote: I disabled the menu for the forum page and also switch templates and the problem still exists. I also pull out that line of code and still no good...I did see that someone posted about "using a poll module to fix the problem but didnt really understand, anybody have some incite on that or anything :)

The Kunena menu is not dependent on, and has not effect on, Javascript.

It's not necessarily that changing the site template will overcome these problems, it's that another site template (or another component, or another module, or another plugin, or another language) has installed and activated a Javascript conflict that you have in your site. It's not that another Joomla extension per se is causing a Javascript conflict. We have not actually said that. The cause of this problem (as we have consistently stated) is that another Joomla extension that you're using is dependent on a Javascript function or library that is incompatible with Mootools 1.2.4.

The task, therefore, is to isolate this "other" Joomla extension as the cause and to remove it or have Mootools 1.2.4 override the Javascript requirements for the website. This may mean that the other Joomla extension will not work under those conditions.

When you have Mootools 1.2.4 operating without being clobbered by something else, then Kunena 1.6 will work.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #424 by joey2509
Just to be sure, should I be disabling modules one by one that only appear on the forums page or site wide?

I notice that I am in legacy mode, when I try to disable it my site basically crashes - is that normal?

This stuff is new to me but I am trying guys
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by joey2509.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #425 by sozzled
If you disable legacy mode and your site crashes, it means that you are trying to load "something" that was written for Joomla 1.0. Joomla.org withdrew all support for Joomla 1.0 (on 22 July 2009). Legacy mode was intended for developers ... not for end users. The Joomla.org website clearly states that legacy mode may not always work.

Therefore, if your site crashes when you disable the System-Legacy plugin, this means that you are using software that was designed for Joomla 1.0 which probably indicates that the software was designed over two-and-a-half years ago; it's quite possible that this older software is using something that depends on some antiquated Javascript library that is clobbering Mootools 1.2.4. This is not always the case.

However, it is a good policy (and I think it makes good sense) deal with these legacy issues now. This is the message I have written on several hundred occasions. People are still (obviously) not getting the message. Last of all, K 1.6 has not been tested under "legacy mode" conditions.

95% of the problems involving Mootools 1.2.4 and Kunena 1.6 are caused by Javascript written by developers who have (for their own reasons) decided to remain outside the Joomla mainstream. The other 5% results come from other causes.

I will say again, the task is to isolate these other Joomla extensions as the cause and remove them or change the behaviour in a way that Mootools 1.2.4 has the overriding priority in handling the Javascript requirements of the website. This may mean that other Joomla extensions will not work under such conditions.

Whether or not these other extensions are more important to you than Kunena is a matter of personal choice. If it's more important to you to have a fully-functioning, reliable, web-based forum component (like Kunena), that has a future, that is driven by an active community, and that will grow to meet your needs, then the web-based forum component should be your top priority and everything else is secondary. If other things are more important to you, then no version of Kunena may be suitable for you.

We're ready to help people who want to make Kunena work on their sites if they are prepared to work with us. :)
More
13 years 5 months ago #426 by joey2509
Thh one thing that does not make sense is that the toolbar was there for weeks ( in legacy ) and now does not appear. No new modules were added. This is a detective game adn I jus trying to look at it from every angle
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #427 by sozzled
I know, it is a game of detection. I know, it can be infuriating, too.

Question: have you fixed your legacy mode problems? Yes or no. There would not seem to be much point pursuing further detection until we resolve this issue. Do you know how to find out which components, modules, plugins, languages and/or templates were written for J! 1.0?

(see what I wrote in [BUG] Inconsistent Login Behaviour )
More
13 years 5 months ago #428 by joey2509
The message I get when I turn the site of legacy is
"Direct Access to this location is not allowed"

Still confusing that 1.6 was working fine for weeks in legacy mode
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #429 by sozzled

joey2509 wrote: The message I get when I turn the site of legacy is
"Direct Access to this location is not allowed"

Still confusing that 1.6 was working fine for weeks in legacy mode

Yes, yes, yes ... we know that. K 1.6 may have been working - for you in legacy mode - but it was not working "fine" (as you put it) for you, otherwise there would have been no need to ask these questions, would there? ;) K 1.6 may work and should work with J! 1.5 in legacy mode but we have not tested K 1.6 with J! 1.5 in legacy mode. There is no need for the project to test K 1.6 with J! 1.5 in legacy mode because J! 1.0 is not supported by Joomla.org. The project's focus is on the currently supported versions of Joomla.

The "Direct access to this location is not allowed" message is all explained in the link I gave you in my last message: >>> here <<<
More
13 years 5 months ago #430 by joey2509
I read that post about that error message and here is what is having compatatilbilty issues

Components
Seyret
Modules
Random Article
swmenupro
uddeim
Plugins
no issues
Time to create page: 0.638 seconds