Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 5 months ago #391 by nilshunt
Haha, I've made a discovery regarding my site. I was having these exact problems (as described 2-3 posts above), and been trying to fix it ever since. Today I disabled every single plugin, module and template I had and changed back to rhuk_milkyway. Only thing enabled was Mootools + Kunena.

So, with my hopes up high, I go to my forum, enter a topic, press reply, aaannndd.... still the same problem! I could not believe it.

After crying for a while I went here to ask if anyone had any idea as to why the heck I'm having so much trouble, but then I noticed... I am having the same problem here on this forum! The BBCode wouldn't appear until I refreshed the page.

After noticing the problem a thought occured in my mind - it could be the browser. Of course! How could I not have though of this before?

I quickly opened up google chrome, went to my forum, pressed reply, and voilà - it worked immediately, and every single time I refreshed the page afterwards aswell.

I now believe there is something wrong with my Firefox. Could it be?

I had used other browsers before on my site testing, but it never hit me that this one problem only happened in Firefox.

So could it be Firefox? Is this a known bug, or just something that happened to me? And most importantly, is there a way to fix it? :)

Thanks in advance,
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #392 by sozzled
Your experiences are quite unusual, to say the least. I sent you a PM a short while ago.

There is one sure-fire way to know if it's your current website that is having a problem or if it your version of Firefox. If you created a brand new test site on your server, using J! 1.5.21 and Kunena 1.6.0 and nothing else and then tested Firefox, would you have the same issues. If you don't have the same issues then you have to ask yourself "what's different about a no-frills installation and the site that is causing problems?"

Some things to consider:

(1) Have you really disabled every other plugin? Sometimes these other causes of conflict are not that easy to detect. Sometimes disabling these other things does not seem to make a difference - sometimes you actually need to uninstall the feature (e.g. another template or another component) to fully remove those things.

(2) Perhaps there's something lingering in your Firefox browser cache. As improbable as this might seem, maybe clearing your browser cache might make a difference?

(3) If Firefox is the common point of the problem then you should see the same issues here, at www.kunena.com . The main difference between most users' websites and the version of Kunena installed here at www.kunena.com is that this site uses a version that's still under development (K 1.6.1).
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #393 by sozzled
Further examination of the problems being experiences by nilshunt suggests that these problems are not confined to his website but the problems seem to be localised to the connection he is using to view his website and (occasionally) when viewing www.kunena.com . It's my suspicion that nilshunt is only partially downloading data from the internet. A slow connection problem or maybe some software virus. I can't think of another explanation at this time.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 months ago #394 by nilshunt
Right, I found the problem finally!

It was a Firefox Addon called AVG Safe Search! If anyone else is experiencing the same problems I had - don't complicate it by looking through 100s of lines of code - check your own backpocket first! :)
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #395 by uffo
Hi everyone i had the same problem :) with the bbcode toolbar, and I loose the whole day today trying to fix it ,fortunately i did ,and it was a stupid mistake i did, that was causing all the trouble.
I upgraded Joomla the wrong way instead downloading and upgrading 1.5.18 to 1.5.21 i did 1.5.20 to 1.5.21 :) so you guys could check how did you updated joomla coz this stuff happens from time to time :)
strangely enough there wasn't any other errors to tip me of my mistake there was even an Mootools Upgrade plug in ,I imagine it was uploaded with some other extension :)
but anyway that's from me ,now i have to figure out why the heck do i have two tooltips one over another :dry:
1.Check out your joomla version!
2.Check out your template mootools version not to be 1.1
3.Turn on the "System - Mootools Upgrade" plugin and put it to the first place
4.Update all your extensions and look everywhere to turn off any mootools 1.1 :)
Good Lock!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by uffo.
More
13 years 5 months ago #396 by mikej
Hello,

I am using Firefox version 3.6.12 and running Kunena (latest version). The collaps buttons that allow you to collapse the forums )The - and + buttons on the top right of each category etc) are not working using firefox, but it works using IE. Any ideas or suggestions?
More
13 years 5 months ago #397 by Oscar2
Hi!

Another person with this problem and the solutions I saw sofar didnt help.
So yes, I also have no BBbar and the smilies are not working. Also, the attachment part is not working and pictures are only shown as minuscule thumbnails...

I have a fresh install of the latest joomla (with the latest kunena and also joomgallery) with forum template "Fast". My website has the afterburner template (rockettheme) with mootools and captions enabled.

How can I solve this? Also without the template I have this problem... My data;

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Hope someone knows what to do!
Thanks
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #398 by sozzled
G'day, Oscar2. You solve this problem in the same way as everyone else has solved the problem. The cause of the problem is a conflict in the Javascript libraries loaded on your website. In your case, you are loading some Rockettheme template (that probably introduces a few Javascript things of its own) but, because you have file obfuscation installed on your site I can't tell you which file is involved.

In your case I suggest you report the matter to the Rockettheme support forum and I am sure they will be able to help you as they have helped many users of Kunena with these problems. :)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #399 by korri78
Hi guys,

I've found the same problem occurred to me and tried many options to solve it.
And now I solved it but it was a different way from those mentioned above.

In my case, editor problem was caused by the translated file.
I was working on Korean translation, and I realized that I used a few single qoute symbol (') instead of (").

If there are any guys who are having editor issue during using translated file.
Check it out and fix them.

It worked for me!
Hope U guys to solve the problem!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by korri78.
More
13 years 5 months ago #400 by Oscar2
When I put the Joomla default template back on (with mootools etc enabled, no minifier/finalizer enabled as well) it still doesnt work...

I really hope you can help me out..
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds