Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 5 months ago #361 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone:

I'm not seeing how to turn on the Editing toolbar for messages. For some odd reason, this was turned off by default after upgrading to K1.6. Can't imagine why. All help appreciated.

Sincerely,
Howard
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #362 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Turning on Editing Toolbar
There is no switch for this. What is more, didn't you upgrade to K 1.6 like, about, a month ago?

In short, you are missing the BBcode toolbar. We've had - we're still having - about 6 or 7 discussions on this subject. Here's one of them: [Merged topic] Message editor problems; missing BBcode toolbar; smileys & enlarge/shrink don't work ; here's another: Bold, Italic, Poll Options Etc. Missing After Upgrade

These problems are caused by a conflict with some Javascript library used by a Joomla extension on your website. It's not that the BBcode toolbar has been "turned off"; it's that you've got something on your site that is clobbering the standard Joomla Javascript library that's needed by Kunena to make this BBcode toobar work. The trick is to find out what it is and to deal with the other problem. The article Mootools 1.2.4 in the Wiki sets out general information about the condition. This information will help you to understand why these things occur.
More
13 years 5 months ago #363 by sozzled
Thank you for your efforts to understand me. You have done well! :)

When you use the Catalan language it may affect Kunena. I have not heard of this before. Perhaps the Catalan language affects something else - like JomSocial or your site template - and those other issues affect Kunena. I would like to make one other suggestion: change the order of the plugins: see [Merged topic] Message editor problems; missing BBcode toolbar; smileys & enlarge/shrink don't work
The following user(s) said Thank You: antich
More
13 years 5 months ago #364 by nilshunt
I have this problem aswell, most of the times when I click the link to reply, I can't see the BBCode line, only the emoticon line, but nothing happens when I click them. When I refresh the page everything works.

Same thing for profile tabs, refresh page 1-2 times and it works. And same for admin backend kunena and uddeIM tabs, refresh and they will show properly.

This is very annoying and I've read this thread now, trying my best to find the error, but I am not skilled enough, so I turn to you! :)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #365 by Gazimaluke
Replied by Gazimaluke on topic Re: Can't upload files
Ok, so I found the problem. I registered a new user and logged in. And now the file upload is working. But why does it not work when I am logged in as Super Admin?

So I changed my new user to be the Super Admin and my old account to be a registered user. Now I can upload files and see the toolbar. But theres no icon for adding polls in the toolbar. Polls are on and activated in all categories.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Gazimaluke.
More
13 years 5 months ago #366 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

I installed K1.6 on a test site a few weeks ago and didn't have the problem. Now it is running on my main production site. Anyways, I fixed it by using the info in the links you provided. Thank you!

The key was the following:

If you get message: Kunena: You have a plugin that uses Mootools 1.1 or custom version of JHTMLBehavior...

In the Joomla administration panel go to Extensions -> Plugins and find System - Mootools Upgrade. Make sure that it's listed as first System plugin.

I'm a very happy camper!

Howard
More
13 years 5 months ago #367 by kartheek
after clicking edit.

all the options are in inactive mode...

see this image

img255.imageshack.us/img255/134/kunena.png
More
13 years 5 months ago #368 by xillibit
Hello,

I think you have a mootools problem somewhere, read this discussion : www.kunena.com/forum/159-k-16-common-que...argeshrink-dont-work

Do you see the bbcodes toolbar in your forum ? Can-you put here a kunena configuration report please ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #369 by mikelll
Replied by mikelll on topic no tools in a new post
In my forum when I go to post a new topic there is no tools available! Such as text tools, video, code...etc (see image atached)

Need help please!

Thank you
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by mikelll.
More
13 years 5 months ago #370 by mikelll

freedomcoach wrote: Hi Sozzled:

I installed K1.6 on a test site a few weeks ago and didn't have the problem. Now it is running on my main production site. Anyways, I fixed it by using the info in the links you provided. Thank you!

The key was the following:

If you get message: Kunena: You have a plugin that uses Mootools 1.1 or custom version of JHTMLBehavior...

In the Joomla administration panel go to Extensions -> Plugins and find System - Mootools Upgrade. Make sure that it's listed as first System plugin.

I'm a very happy camper!

Howard

How did you solved it? can you help me with this?
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds