Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Templates for Kunena 1.7 ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by umersaeed
Hi,

I have installed Kunena 1.7, but the templates I download from your kunenatemplates site do not work for me. Everytime I try to upload and install the templates, I always get an error:

"File template.xml missing in template archive, cannot install this template"

Is there a specific template format for version 1.7 ??

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by umersaeed
Sorry, I tried to post this in the Templates Forum, but it is locked?

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by snilloconator
You need to upload the templates through the kunena component. Go to com>kunena forum>template manager> add top right corner

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by umersaeed
That is where I am uploading them from. Please see screenshot.

I think something has changed in 1.7 that doesnt allow all previous templates to be uploaded through there?
Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by snilloconator
I have just tested this on one of my clients sites that I'm working on. New build with j1.7 and K1.7 installed one of my aphotic themes with no problems.

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by umersaeed
I have Joomla 1.5.23 and Kunena 1.7 - Could that be an issue? I know that if I upgrade my site to Joomla 1.7 that it will mess a lot of things up, and will need to start from beginning getting everything up to compatibility.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by snilloconator
I have most of my sites running K1.7/j1.5.23 and installed the aphotic templates with no problem. May I ask is it a particular template your trying to install?

More
12 years 6 months ago #8 by umersaeed
I have tried 3 different templates from templatekunena website:

A1
Gainsboro
B&B ( www.kunena.org/ked/templates/76 )

Still nothing? I have turned Debug mode off (incase that caused any problems).

Anything in the backend settings that may cause this?

More
12 years 6 months ago #9 by snilloconator
By any chance can you try one of the two here..... >>> www.snilloconator.com/downloads

Just for testing purposes. Maybe we can help you weed out the issue, at least see if it will load one of the two. I have tried both with no problems so far.

More
12 years 6 months ago #10 by umersaeed
OK, So I have tried both of those Aphotic ones, and they installed perfectly without any issues! (I guess as they mentioned that they are compatible with K1.7).

I gave the other ones a go again just incase, but they others still dont work - still get that template.xml error. Not sure how you are able to and I am not...so it cant be due to K1.6 or K1.7 compatibility then?

Time to create page: 1.169 seconds