Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged xCloner bans all users from forum

More
12 years 4 months ago #31 by farisnasir

There is no support for K 1.6.4 (it is already more than 2 versions out of date); even J! 1.5.22 is over a year old.

I don't know anything about xCloner (and I don't know if it's responsible for your problems or not) but there's a sure-fire way to see what's going on in your website.

If you examine the DB table jos_kunena_users and see what are the values in the column banned. The values should all be NULL (see msg #7 in this topic). I suspect that, somehow, your DB table does not allow NULL values (it's just a guess, though)

Actually you were right sozzled, I'm using xCloner too and encountered this problem.

It seems when the site is cloned, the data in column 'banned' in the jos_kunena_users will be changed to 0:00:00.... and this will cause all users seemed to be banned.

Among the results of this database problem is a user cannot open the reply button on messages. The reply form won't appear. But 'quick reply' form do opens, but the user cannot post a reply and there'll be a system message that say the user is banned until a specified time, usually today.

To overcome this, I deleted (make sure you make a backup) all the records in jos_kunena_users and import the database from the original site using phpmyadmin. Then, the problem is sorted out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #32 by Matias
Even if this is not our bug, I added tracker item for it:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/280

This issue can be fixed in Kunena by changing how ban field in the database works.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #33 by Hutchy68
All was well in 1.5 Joomla. Running 1.7.2 Kunena. Migration from 1.5 to 2.5 Joomla using jupgrade. Everything else is fine. The Kunena forum looks fine, renders, searches, everything else is ok.

My only issue and it is a "Big ONE" is all the users are showing Banned! Every single one of them.

I am at a loss. Is the structure of Joomla 1.5 and 2.5 the same in the database tables?

Is there a query I can run in the database to reset them all?

I can individually ban users, then unban them, but it show up in the banned reasons list.

Kunena dev, I need some help. This is the only thing holding up going live with the 2.5 Joomla site after the upgrade. I have everything else working properly.

Thanks
Tom
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Hutchy68.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #34 by Hutchy68
OK - I figured it out, but I'm not sure why it happened. Maybe a Kunena Dev can shed a little light on the Joomla 2.5 structure of what is and what isn't liked.

The table

j25_kunena_users (j25_ is my prefix, your's could be different) doesn't like the format of 'banned' as a 0000-00-00 00:00:00 as was valid in Kunena running under Joomla 1.5. It prefers NULL as a set value in that column.

As soon as I ran a DB query:

UPDATE 'j25_kunena_user' SET 'banned' = NULL

Everyone user banned became 'unbanned' and the banning and unbanning function works just fine for the users now.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Hutchy68.

More
11 years 10 months ago #35 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Perhaps this discussion will shed some light on the matter.

More
11 years 9 months ago #36 by xpatman
It took a long time to find but I think it should be something that is better known

If you are updated your installation from 1.5 to 2.5. using a clone when you try and post you get "You are banned until ... "

Get in your cpanel php find your jos_kunena_users and see that they have '0000-00-00 00:00:00' in the table
Run the DB query on that table =

UPDATE jos_kunena_users SET banned=NULL WHERE banned='0000-00-00 00:00:00'

It will remove all unlimited bans (from every user).

There was a posting that just had this =As soon as I ran a DB query:
UPDATE 'j25_kunena_user' SET 'banned' = NULL DIDN'T work

Time to create page: 0.866 seconds