Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena 1.6 - Plugin

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by hjames
Kunena 1.6 - Plugin was created by hjames
So that users are aware, if you do install on a site weither it be testing or not Kunena 1.6 does also install a Mootools System Plugin that presumably disables Joomla 1.5's older Mootools version and updates it to use a newer version (1.2).

In the event you uninstall Kunena or Re-Install an older version such as 1.5.11 this plugin will probably need to be disabled.

In my testing I have noticed it taking some effect on the Joomla Admin Panel.

Irregardless you should be aware that this plugin exist as it Can/May conflict with other 3rd Party Components. (It does, I have been testing)

My understanding in reading prior to K1.6 release is that this Plugin is necessary for K1.6 proper operation.

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
Mootools System Plugin will be official part of the next Joomla 1.5 release (if there will be no security releases before). So it's very important to test that our Mootools plugin works with most 3rd party software -- everyone installing J1.5.19(?) will be affected by those issues.

Regarding on uninstalling Mootools plugin, I just included it to our distribution a week ago in order to make testing easier. Next release will most likely do it better.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
I noticed it effecting two separate items.

1) MoxieMap addition for MTree - www.gomoxiemedia.com
2) Joomla Admin Panel - Menu Structure was broken entirely on the Control Panel.

James

Joomla 1.5.24

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
What do you mean by Joomla admin panel? For Joomla admin (default template) works just fine.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by franch
Replied by franch on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
There is some conflict with last Rockettheme template "SOMAXIOM", frontend and backend.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
rocket themes have always been an issue with kunena and will ccontinue to be an issue long into the future and there templates are badly coded IMHO.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by subfighter
Replied by subfighter on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
is there an option to disable the mootools 1.2 and use 1.1?

would be good if there was an option to disable the mootools.. i had a problem with the plugin also as it conflicted with gantry framework in the rockettheme themes in the backend..

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #8 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
subfighter read my above post and not just the first post in the thread.

simple answer : ROCKET TEMPLATES are worse joomla templates on market.

FYI: mootools 1.2 will be intergrated into teh next release of JOOMLA so disabling it is not an option.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
Please remember that we're not here to "bag" RocketTheme templates or its various plugins and add-ons. Our primary focus is to get K 1.6 ready for the widest possible audience. No doubt, some users will have more success with K 1.6 installations than others; some people may never get K 1.6 to work for them for a whole range of issues that are outside the scope of this project. For some people they may have to "live" with K 1.5.x for a little while longer, until they can make whatever accommodations are necessary to move forward.

We are interested in knowing what problems users have with "brand X", "brand Y" and "brand Z" other components. However, our primary focus, during this alpha testing phase of Kunena, is to concentrate on basic Joomla, basic site templates, and one or two other fairly basic components (like JomSocial, Community Builder, uddeIM, AlphaUserPoints) and that's about it for the time being.

RocketTheme components have had a long and chequered history of causing problems with Kunena. K 1.6 will not solve all of those problems; indeed, advances in Joomla (e.g. MooTools 1.2) may may only exacerbate those problems!

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by keldem
Replied by keldem on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 - Plugin
franch wrote:

There is some conflict with last Rockettheme template "SOMAXIOM", frontend and backend.

hi there,

what are the exact problems that you are seeing? can you give some more examples?

jfyi, i tried somaxiom with kunena 1.5 and did not find any issues so far.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds