Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
11 years 8 months ago #71 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic No-one able to Login
*** Topics merged ***

Please read msg #2 in this topic for the answer to your question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #72 by langster
Replied by langster on topic No-one able to Login
Hi sozzled
mope, sorry msg2 does NOT answer my question. This may well not be a kunena issue, but i am stuck and woul dlike some help. This forum has been running fine for 6 months until now - NO-ONE can clgin even the moderators!
When you enter a username and password then click login in, it just comes back to the page again, as if nothing had been intered - it still says 'welcome guest'
this is becoming a real chore, I just dont hasve time to sit down and learn everything about joomla and kunena, this is meant to be only a small part of my work.
Someone must have had this issue?
By the way, I dont think this should have been merged with the OP either, as I think it's a totally different issue.
I've also tried over at joomla, not much help tbh so far.....

More
11 years 8 months ago #73 by sozzled
Let me repeat, again, the one clearly important fact that many people fail to grasp. Kunena is not responsible for how your site processes logins. Kunena simply "hooks into" whatever login process you have implemented in your site as long as it's one of the following three types: Joomla, JomSocial, Community Builder.

You wrote that everything was " fine until a couple of weeks ago". What changes did you make to your site "a couple of weeks ago"?

We understand your frustration. We too have similar thoughts, from time to time, like yours:

langster wrote:

I just don't have time to sit down and learn everything about Joomla and Kunena, this is meant to be only a small part of my work

I think we can all say that. But, the fact remains, that operating a website and running it effectively isn't free. There are costs involved in running every website. The website that you are using here, at www.kunena.org , did not simply appear, by itself, magically overnight if it were not for the dedicated time, hard work and money of several of us who pitched in and help. In fact, the recent changes that you now see at this site involved over 100 man-hours of sweat and tears.

This is a community-driven, self-help resource where members of the community are here to help (as best we can) other members of the community. Individual problems that some people have on their websites, where they've apparently done "nothing" and all things stop working, would be difficult to attribute to Kunena or any other piece of software having such inherent design flaws that failed to appear after countless thousands of hours of testing, wouldn't you agree?

Is there any specific help that we may be able to provide to you? Please note, people who may offer you their time to provide you with sustained, dedicated, one-on-one help may not necessarily always be willing to do so free of charge.

More
11 years 8 months ago #74 by langster
Hi - you are totally correct and I do understand how much work goes into a project like this. I wasn't being stroppy nor was a slating the project.
I also understand your point that kunena has nothing to do with the registration process for login - I was asking if anyone else had had a similar problem, and was hoping someone could point me in the correct direction for a quick fix, rather than spending more time figuring out where something went wrong.
I have not modified anything on the forum regarding registration or logins or on joomla, and did say that I did not originally set up this forum or the joomla template which the website is running from - that was done elsewhere in the company. I have merely been asked to moderate the forum, which unfortunately seems to entail finding out why it isn't working correctly.
I work in the technical department of the company - hence me asking if anyone had had the same problem.......and had a solution.

Sorry if I pissed you off

More
11 years 8 months ago #75 by sozzled
I can assure everyone that, as much as people often interpret how I write on this forum, I am only here to help as best I can in my capacity both as a forum moderator and as "just another user." Despite what people may "read" into my replies, I don't get p/o-ed that easily :D

No one is able to assess anything about your website merely by knowing its URL. We really no nothing at all about your website. Where do people login to your website? What software do you have installed? Can people login to your website to use other features of it but, for some strange reason, they're unable to use the forum?

As you are aware, K 1.7 was at "end-of-life" about 8 months ago and support for that version will cease on 31 August this year. Our advice, if people are having problems with K 1.7 (or earlier) is to upgrade to K 2.0.1 and then see if those problems exist with the new version.

I strongly doubt that your problem has anything to do with Kunena. I could be wrong but I'm working in an information vacuum as far as your site is concerned.

As anyone who works in a technical area would appreciate, it's difficult to begin resolving technical problems when you lack quality data. I suggest that you the FAQs page on this site which may give you some useful suggestions to assist you.

More
11 years 7 months ago #76 by langster
Hi Sozzled
I think that your advice to upgrade is the best option. I didn't setup this joomla website, nor the forum, hence my lack of insider knowledge on it's creation - one of the problems. I tend to stick to the old fashioned route of building a site from scratch, not using joomla or wordpress, which is my boss's way......
The issue with the site appears to be solely with the forum login.
I'm going to ask him to upgrade the forum to the newer version and create a new login page - infact, I may save the posts, and ask him to create a completely new forum, which may well be the easiest option.
Thanks for your help

More
11 years 7 months ago #77 by henrik1782
Replied by henrik1782 on topic Kunena importer
When importing users, i am a little bit uncertain if Joomla/Kunena will send welcome messages to all new users that is imported to Joomla/Kunena.

I am not interes in sending welcome messages to all users as we have to make the final test before releasing.

More
11 years 7 months ago #78 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena importer
Kunena is not responsible for those things.

More
11 years 6 months ago #79 by JJRC
Hi,

I upgraded from 1.7.x to 2.0.x and I can't login to the forums using the login box included on Kunena. I can login only using Joomla! login module.

I got this message when I try to login from Kunena:

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

More
11 years 6 months ago #80 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, JJRC, and welcome to Kunena.

At the outset, I think it's very important that we establish something very clear (as I mentioned in msg #2 in this topic):

sozzled wrote:

Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login
I think I have written that statement over one hundred times. Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login. These are standard Joomla features or they may be assisted by other Joomla extensions that you have installed (e.g. JomSocial or Community Builder).

What this means is that if you cannot login to your site using the login form on the Kunena forum then you cannot login to your site using the username and password that you're trying to use. It is my guess that you have entered the wrong username and password. If you can successfully login to your site using a different login module elsewhere then I think you should check that the username/password you're using. The message "username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet" means exactly what it says.

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds