Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
11 years 9 months ago #61 by sozzled

Jiminimonka wrote: I renamed the topic from "Does Not M" to "User Registration Not Working" so it makes a bit of sense to other users.

... and I merged this topic with the one we use for all those questions we are asked about why people are having problem with Joomla and user registration.

@KunenaQuestion: please read the FAQs page (the menu item at the top of the page you are now reading) that addresses your question How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #62 by KunenaQuestion
Hi :)
When a user try's to make a new account
through the kunena

No account is created
and no activation email is sent

Many Thanks for your help

Best Regards
Charles

More
11 years 9 months ago #63 by GaryBartlett
Hi Folks,

Joomla 2.5.4
Kunena 2.0.1

I have just set up my first forum and notice that there is no in-page "password strength" assessment or "passwords don't match" indication in the default Kunena Create an Account form, as there is in the Kunena Org one.

Can I configure that form-validation from within Kunena?

Thanks very much

Gary

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #64 by sozzled
GaryBartless: See msg #2 in this topic. To achieve a similar result in your site you need JomSocial.

KunenaQuestion: Similar answer. Kunena is not responsible for user registration or notifying new users that they need to authorise their new accounts.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GaryBartlett

More
11 years 9 months ago #65 by anamo
Replied by anamo on topic skipping Registration Process
hi everyone

I had add the Kunena Forums to my website which has its own registration process so can I disable the whole registration process for this forums ??? :blink:

thanks alot

More
11 years 9 months ago #66 by Jiminimonka
Hi anamo, welcome to Kunena.

Kunena uses Joomlas registration process and can be configured to work with JomSocial, Community Builder etc., if however you are just using the Joomla registration process then you need to do nothing.

All this information is available in Kunena Documentation

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 8 months ago #67 by Gray Wolf
As Administrator of our Forum I am supposed to receive all new member requests so that I may have the choice of approving or rejecting the request. Since migrating our old SMF Forum into Joomla-Kunena I have not received a single request! Working with the other Admin for our site, I found that she was receiving the notice, but when she clicks on the activation link, she receives this error:

403 - Access forbidden
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

Access forbidden

To further the confusion, the other Admin is the System Admin! She forwarded the most recent request for membership to me this morning and I tried the link. I got the same error. We have both searched the Joomla Control Panel and the Kunena Forum control panel thoroughly for the last week and neither of us can find where to change anything that has to do with approving new members.

If anyone has a hint at where we can search and how to set new member requests so that I can choose who we approve, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Bishop - "Gray Wolf"
LinPC Forum Administrator

More
11 years 8 months ago #68 by Gray Wolf
UPDATE!! My partner Admin created a new member this morning and was automatically approved for membership.

Where in the Kunena Adminstrator tools do we find the setting options for changing this to "membership approval by Admin only" or something similar?

Thank you in advance for any hints or assistance offered!

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #69 by sozzled

Gray Wolf wrote: Where in the Kunena Adminstrator tools do we find the setting options for changing this to "membership approval by Admin only" or something similar?

As we have consistently stated - in this topic and in the FAQs , Kunena is not responsible for user registration processes or, for that matter, approving new users to be able to use your website.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gray Wolf

More
11 years 8 months ago #70 by langster
Replied by langster on topic No-one able to Login
Hi all, version 1.7.2 please direct me to a link if there is one, I can't find it.....
Our forum is not allowing anyone, even me as a moderator, to login to the forum. It was fine until a couple of weeks ago, not nothing.
I did have to stop anyone posting as we were getting loads of spam registrations and forum posts, but this wouldnt stop people logging on, would it?
The forum is www.2020tel.com/forum

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds