Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Is it possible to set up Kunena as a help desk / job ticketing system?

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #31 by bizzymate
There is a possible work around to making a category, thread or even a single post private.
Rather than inviting a user into a private topic or category we reverse the process and "Invite By Exclusion."
e.g. User Joe_citizen opens a thread in private training category. He then banns every one from participation except the users he wishes to include in his private discussion.
A bit like putting the whole board on "reverse-iggy" excepting those you wish to maintain discussions with.

There is I feel a possibility to come up with a clever way using the ignore and ban system to achieve an ability to make a thread private.
I hope I am not sounding too naive.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bizzymate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #32 by sozzled
That's a novel suggestion but Kunena lacks the facility.

There is a banning feature in Kunena but it is limited to global moderators and site administrators; when a user is banned they cannot post messages on the forum; if they are banned from the site, they cannot login to the site.

I'm sorry to say that there's no mechanism in the Kunena front-end to permit what you've suggested. It's a good idea, though. ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago #33 by Deveshi
Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a category on a Kunena forum that can act as a 'contact moderators' forum. For this to work the following permissions would need to be in place...
  • All registered users can make threads and reply to their own threads under this category.
  • Registered users can only view threads they have made on this category.
  • Moderators can view and reply to all threads under this category.

I am new to using Kunena so if anyone can advise if this is possible and how to go about doing it I would appreciate it.

More
10 years 6 months ago #34 by sozzled
G'day, Deveshi, and welcome to Kunena.

We have talked about your question before on several occasions. :)

This is a kind of "help desk" system or "job ticketing" application. While it may be a good idea to take Kunena - a generalised, web-based discussion forum - and set up a one-on-one help category, this feature is not currently available in Kunena. If this feature is essential to the operations of your website there are other applications that you can purchase that will do this job for you; unfortunately, in this case, Kunena is not among those applications.

More
10 years 6 months ago #35 by Deveshi
Not a problem.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

More
10 years 6 months ago #36 by vejsitsupport
Hi, Is it possible to use Kunena as a ticket system? The thing is that I would like to setup a folder (category) to each user that register BUT not have them to see the other users folder (category).

eg.
User 3256448 logs in and can only see/create topics in the category 3256448
User 2115478 logs in and can only see/create topics in the category 2115478
etc etc.

I log in as admin and reply to a topic in category 2115478. Me and the user 2115478 is the only one who can see this category and also the only ones to reply.

Is this possible?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #37 by sozzled
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Located more old topics that related to this subject and re-merged

More
10 years 6 months ago #38 by Matias
Having a category for each user isn't a good idea because of the performance issues it brings. Kunena is primaly designed to be a forum, not ticketing system. Their requirements are very different from each other.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds