Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Is it possible to set up Kunena as a help desk / job ticketing system?

More
14 years 7 months ago #1 by erickzacarias
I`d like to configure Kunena with the following capabilities:

-Different group of users (eg. School Administrator, Teachers, students, teachers assistants)
-When a student post a message, this message goes directly and only to the group of the teachers. Both categories can discuss the messages and can see the message and the replies of all the teachers and students.
-When the administrator post a message, this message goes only to the group of teachers. The same for these 2 groups.
-The same for the rest of the group of users.

The students cannot see the messages of the administrator and so and so.
Any solution, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2 by erickzacarias
This is like a ticketing system but more simple.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3 by Matias
Forum software does not generally work well as ticketing system.

Why cannot you just make forum where students can speak with teachers and another one for internal discussion between teachers and admin?

More
14 years 7 months ago #4 by erickzacarias
Great.. but what should I do for that?
I don`t want the students to see the conversations between teachers and admin, even they cannot write any message.
What would be the step or procedure to provide/allow the user the subscription for a specific forum category in the registration?
Is that possible?

More
14 years 7 months ago #5 by Matias
You can set forum permissions to author (use recursive checkbox). Then change all teachers to be authors in Joomla. After this only teachers can see that forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision

More
13 years 10 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6 by shubh
Hi all
I'm very new to Kunena and have a question
How do I enable only "my discussions" tab for a user?

I want a user to be able to see only his posts. Basically a forum to discuss stuff between a user and forum moderator. No other normal user should be able to see another users post except moderators.

I know that PM can be used for this kind of discussion between a user and moderators but I would like to use forum for discussion.
Is it possible?

Thanks
Shubh
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject to improve search relevance; merge several topics into this one

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

The my discussions shows only discussions created by the user, it's not possible to that, i think the PM system is the only way.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
shubh wrote:

I want a user to be able to see only his posts. Basically a forum to discuss stuff between a user and forum moderator. No other normal user should be able to see another users post except moderators.

That's not how web-based discussion forums operate. Discussion forums are for users to help other users, not just a place for Q & A exchanges between users and a team of "experts". And, besides, what one person learns from having this exchange of information will help other users. I mean, after all, isn't that what the internet is all about? Would you like to give me an example of a web-based discussion forum that does what you have described?

I think, from your description, you need a "help-desk" system. Kunena is probably not suitable for this purpose in its present form.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by shubh
Thank you Sozzled and xillibit.

If you can give me an example of a "web-based discussion forum that does what you have described?" as you suggested it will be a great help. I think if its something non kunena based but fits my bill then i can try deploying it.

I just wished that i could use kunena as it was so easy andd fast to deploy and maintain. If there is a kunena plugin that i could use then that will be amazing.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by TBK
It is possible to setup a category where only the thread owner and admins can see it?

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds