Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Kunena and SEO: Why would I need ANY third-party SEF plugin?

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #21 by Boxdoss
Hello Kunena Community,

I wish from my heart to thank all the team and all the community, I like very much Kunena, and I am very proud.

I have a request!

I want to achieve a North African community, I have chosen:

CMS : Joomla
VB : Kunena
Community : JomSocial
Blog : MyBlog << I hesitate
SEF tools : sh404SEF

and other tools and extensions, but my problem is summed up in two words:

Integration between Kunena JomSocial MyBlog and a SEF tools

I would like to know which SEF tools you use ?

I would like to know by what start the installation and where to finish (the procedure) as the plugins necessary, as a problem that SEF is, how to make links like that of our community:

ex:
www.kunena.com/community/profile?userid=6280
www.kunena.com/forum/77-general-talk-about-kunena

Please, I need your help to achieve the thing I always wanted, thank you very much ..
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #22 by sozzled
G'day, Boxdoss. I don't use any third-party SEF products. I started this discussion here, a while ago, to encourage people to offer their opinions about whether third-party SEF tools were worth the effort.

I'm still unconvinced that third-party SEF products are essential. I'm not criticising people who choose to use them - it's their choice and I respect that - but, from a Kunena perspective, if you use them you will have problems. For quite a long time, the discussions here at www.kunena.com were dominated by problems arising from various third-party SEF components. It depends on what your priorities are: if you want a third-party SEF product at the expense of a working Kunena forum or not. If the forum is more important than the SEF tool, can you live without it?

I can live without third-party "search engine friendlies". :)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #23 by Boxdoss
I really thank you for your response :), you're right, the tool integrated in joomla SEF is great, but there is a problem with "SEO", it does not support metadata .. in a good way .. and other SEO issues.
I am not an SEO pro, but in several forums, I saw that speaks about this, saying that integration joomla SEF does not have a good seo !!

More
14 years 2 months ago #24 by steel
i want my forum to be located on
www.znanost.com/forum
instead of
www.znanost.com/component/kunena/

but how do i do this without any plugins?

plese help, thank you.

More
14 years 2 months ago #25 by sozzled
steel wrote:

i want my forum to be located on
www.znanost.com/forum
instead of
www.znanost.com/component/kunena/

but how do i do this without any plugins?

plese help, thank you.

Why do you want to do that? Please read the entire discussion: this topic is not for seeking or giving assistance to particular cases.

More
14 years 2 months ago #26 by steel
the kunena support forum itself is using that kind of url, so i am wondering if this is even possible to do without the 3d party plugins or not?

i believe the question is more than related to this subject.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #27 by sozzled
What is not relevant to this discussion is seeking help on how to achieve the change. ;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28 by rakker126
Hi. On everey post that gets created on my site (dewiiombouwen.nl) i get the standard descitption of the Joomla configuration. Is there anyway to turn the metatags off on Kunena, or to create Kunena SEO tages by the descrition off the post?

More
13 years 11 months ago #29 by Oscarfishlover
I've never bothered with any kind of SEO extension on either my website or the forum itself. The tools that are built into Joomla 1.5 are more than adequate for SEO. You are actually relying on your users to create page headings on each post so that really is out of your control unless you manually edit each post heading yourself. Most people who use our forums are not seo savvy so don't understand the importance of good headings, so you often end up with very poor descriptive headings on posts. I found that concentrating on the main website SEO is the key to improving the forum's performance on the actual search engines. I believe that we are one step ahead of forum software such as PHPBB because these offer very little SEO manipulation if they are just a standalone forum.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 11 months ago #30 by rakker126
The problem is that everey topic gets the same description as the main site (home page) I' d like to set that off.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds