Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved "Performing maintenance (cleanup)..." message

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled

pads wrote: Regarding the comment "not seen that before.. " If you google for "joomla Performing maintenance (cleanup)", you will get many occurances, and the ones I have looked at all have a Kunena component.

This was the key to the mystery!

First of all the good news (as far as users of Kunena are concerned): this problem is not caused specifically by Kunena; this problem is not even specifically generated as a function of the Joomla core.

I spent more than one hour looking through dozens of websites where the message "Performing maintenance (cleanup)..." occurs. In all the cases that I examined this message was related to a Joomla website and, in that sense, that's a good thing to know. It's good to know this because this means that the error message is related to either the Joomla core or it's related to a Joomla extension.

One thing that Joomla and Kunena have in common is that Kunena is a Joomla extension. As you say, there's some correlation between the message "Performing maintenance (cleanup)..." and sites that use Kunena but, equally, there is some correlation between sites using Community Builder, JoomGallery, Mailster also - I did not work my way through every extension that you used.

The good news is that I searched through all of the source code in Kunena and in Joomla for the string ""Performing maintenance (cleanup)..." and I could not find it. So, that's the good news.

The bad news is that I could not identify the single cause of what generates the message.

The half-good/half-bad news is that you can hide the message (e.g. see forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=708&t=821379 ) if it really bugs you.

Before you respond with "OK, smarty-pants, explain why the message goes away when I disable the Kunena - Community Builder integration plugin " or "Why did you move this topic from the Community Builder category into the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category?", I have an explanation for that, too.

Coincidentally, in a couple of cases, there was a reported connection between some Javascript-related things and the Kunena - Community Builder integration plugin (e.g. www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...-preview-not-working ). But, as I wrote, this was coincidental and inconclusive (and it happened a long time ago).

However, because I have found conclusive proof that the error occurs on websites that do not have Kunena installed (and, therefore, do not have the Kunena - Community Builder integration plugin installed on those sites) I think we can safely eliminate this as the reason for the error message.

The message "Performing maintenance (cleanup)..." appears on pages of your website that are not generated by Kunena. This further supports my reasons for moving this topic to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.

My conclusion is that the message "Performing maintenance (cleanup)..." is generated by a Joomla extension of unknown origin. The error condition is raised as an "informational" message - which means that you can probably ignore it.

Is there any other way that I may be able to assist you with this?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #12 by sozzled
*** Off-topic ***

In reviewing your configuration report, I would suggest your forum integration plugin settings along slightly different lines. Try the settings shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=0 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled

More
9 years 10 months ago #14 by pads
Many thanks for your in depth reply.

It is most appreciated to find you have gone to such lengths to try to resolve the problem.

I have now managed to find the root of the problem - the message is generated by "Mailster".
They have owned up to it, and say the message is going to removed in the next release, as it is only an information thing.

Like Kunena, Mailster is probably common to across many Joomla sites.

Many thanks

Peter

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds