Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Avatar image upload failed: COM_KUNENA_AVATAR_UPLOAD_NOT_VALID_EXTENSIONS

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by chrustik
hello,

Then I try to upload avatar (10kb), I got a message

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : sj_joomla3 | author: YouTech Team | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
The error messages says "COM_KUNENA_AVATAR_UPLOAD_NOT_VALID_EXTENSIONS".

According to your configuration report, you allow the following file types to be uploaded as images: jpg,jpeg,gif,png

What is the name of the file that you want to upload?

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by chrustik

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Theoretically there should be no problem. It may help if we were able to try our own test. Do you have a test account that we can use on your website?

The thing that concerns me is the message "COM_KUNENA_AVATAR_UPLOAD_NOT_VALID_EXTENSIONS"; have you installed the Kunena Lithuanian language pack?

I see that you have many users on your site. Many of them have .PNG avatar images. Can you upload any images or is it just this one that you cannot upload?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #5 by chrustik
I cant upload any avatar (png, jpg..)

You can try to login:

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I cannot upload an avatar image, either.

I see, from another topic you wrote, that you recently migrated from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2. What migration method did you use? What was the name of the software product that you used?

Perhaps the problem is caused by folder permissions? Perhaps the problem is caused by something that went wrong during the migration from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2?

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by chrustik
I used jupgrade, but all data I transfered manualy. I imported all data tables and changes their prefix.

With perrmisions everything is alright I think. Which directory I should to check?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled

chrustik wrote: Which directory I should to check?

All directories. See Securing Kunena .

I have not used jUpgrade to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2; I do not know anything about how to use jUpgrade to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2. When I performed my last Joomla migration (from J! 1.5. to J! 3.2), I used the component from redShop - see advertisement on the right side of this page - and it was wonderful! :)
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #9 by chrustik
og, what you suggesting to do for me?

More
10 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled
I am not suggesting anything specific. I was only commenting that I understand there are difficulties involved in migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2 and sometimes these things cause problems. It is possible that the problems were caused during the jUpgrade procedure - I cannot say for sure. There may be issues with folder and/or file permissions. The article I referred you to suggests that, for Joomla,

all folders should have the permission 755
all files should have the permission 644

What happens if you enable Joomla debug mode?

We cannot reproduce your problem at our test sites or at this site. This is your problem (but we do not know what caused it).

I asked you before - you did not reply - have you installed the Kunena Lithuanian language pack?

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds