Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Avatar image upload failed: COM_KUNENA_AVATAR_UPLOAD_NOT_VALID_EXTENSIONS

More
10 years 1 month ago #11 by chrustik
yes, but langue pack is for kunena 2. How I can checj my kunena data tables, mby something missing...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12 by sozzled

chrustik wrote: yes, but langue pack is for kunena 2

I do not know who is responsible for translating K 3.0 into Lithuanian. Did you look at the download page for the latest K 3.0.4 language pack?

chrustik wrote: How I can check my kunena data tables, mby something missing...

See Diagnostic tool and Database schema tool .

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #13 by chrustik
when Im trying to instal latest language pack from kunena.org, I got 2 messages.

first line I dont know.

Second line says, that packed installed.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by chrustik.

More
10 years 1 month ago #14 by chrustik
diagnostic pic:

database schema:

do tou have any suggesstion?
Attachments:

More
10 years 1 month ago #15 by sozzled
Looks to me that your Joomla database has problems.

More
10 years 1 month ago #16 by chrustik

sozzled wrote: Looks to me that your Joomla database has problems.

how I can fix it?

More
10 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
I don't know.

It's possible that the problem existed in your old J! 1.5 site and, when you use jUpgrade, you simply transferred the problem from one site to the other. It's also possible that, when you exported yoru old Kunena tables from the old site to the new site, there were problems with the export/import.

Whatever the cause, you have database issues that would probably take me a few days to fix (or you could pay someone else to fix them for you, if you prefer) or you could start again and try a different migration method.

I have not used jUpgrade for a very long time (over two years) and so my knowledge of this product is not good. The last time I migrated a website from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2 (and implemented K 3.0.4 on it) I used a different method - and the method worked well - but it still took me about 3 days to put everything together so that it all worked. There's no simple way to do this - if there was a simple way to do this, there would be no work for freelance software people, would there? ;)

The standard rates for freelance software contractors varies but it's usually somewhere between 25-75 Euros per hour; you could be looking at between 10-20 hours of work in total. If you have the skills that's great!

But, the short answer to your actual problem is that there are problems with the result of your migration from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2, there are problems with the database (the diagnostic tool show this but, because I did not write the diagnostic tools, I don't fully know to analyse what the information means) and the Lithuanian translation seems to be incomplete. I really don't know what more I can do about this problem.

It is my conclusion that these problems are the result of a "broken" migration from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #18 by chrustik
Ok, Im understand. What do you think about, if I would install a new joomla 3, second I would install kunena 3, and I would try to transfer kunena database tables manualy from J!1.5? Do you think its a good idea? And how exzactly to transfer kunena database tables to new site without migration extensions?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by chrustik.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #19 by sozzled
I suggest that you look at the redMIGRATOR component - there are general instructions how to use it on their website - see the advertisment on the right hand side of this page (redSHOP).

The general steps are (run these steps in this order)
  1. Create a brand new, completely empty J! 3.2.1 website; set protostar as the default frontend site template.
  2. Configure Joomla SEO on your new J! 3.2.1 website
  3. Set English as the default language
  4. Install redMigrator component for J1 3.2 on the site J! 3.2 site
  5. Install the redMigrator plugin for J! 1.5 on the old J! 1.5 site
  6. Configure the plugin on the old site so that your new site can access it
  7. Configure the component on your new site so that you can pull the J! 1.5 data across
  8. Make a backup of your site (I recommend AkeebaBackup) before you run the migration component on your new site.
  9. Make sure that your new site has all the Joomla articles and users from the old J! 1.5 site
  10. Export the Kunena tables from the old J! 1.5 site to the new J! 3.2 site
  11. Run the Kunena installation procedure to convert the old Kunena data structures to K 3.0.4
  12. Fix any category permission issues (remember, J! 1.5 did not use ACLs) so you will have to edit every old Kunena category that you had.
  13. Run the Synchronize Users and Recount Statistics tools
  14. Test your Kunena forum
  15. Think about the Joomla site template you may want to use
  16. Set Lithuanian as the default language
  17. Install the Kunena Lithuaniuan language pack for K 3.0.4
  18. Test that things are working
  19. Repeat the test that causes the problems you have in this topic

A lot of work - should take you about 3-4 hours. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20 by chrustik

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds