Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Avatar image upload failed: COM_KUNENA_AVATAR_UPLOAD_NOT_VALID_EXTENSIONS

More
10 years 2 months ago #21 by chrustik

sozzled wrote: I suggest that you look at the redMIGRATOR component - there are general instructions how to use it on their website - see the advertisment on the right hand side of this page (redSHOP).

The general steps are (run these steps in this order)

1. Create a brand new, completely empty J! 3.2.1 website; set protostar as the default frontend site template.
  2. Configure Joomla SEO on your new J! 3.2.1 website
  3. Set English as the default language
  4. Install redMigrator component for J1 3.2 on the site J! 3.2 site
  5. Install the redMigrator plugin for J! 1.5 on the old J! 1.5 site
  6. Configure the plugin on the old site so that your new site can access it
  7. Configure the component on your new site so that you can pull the J! 1.5 data across
  8. Make a backup of your site (I recommend AkeebaBackup) before you run the migration component on your new site.
  9. Make sure that your new site has all the Joomla articles and users from the old J! 1.5 site
  10. Export the Kunena tables from the old J! 1.5 site to the new J! 3.2 site
  11. Run the Kunena installation procedure to convert the old Kunena data structures to K 3.0.4
  12. Fix any category permission issues (remember, J! 1.5 did not use ACLs) so you will have to edit every old Kunena category that you had.
  13. Run the Synchronize Users and Recount Statistics tools
  14. Test your Kunena forum
  15. Think about the Joomla site template you may want to use
  16. Set Lithuanian as the default language
  17. Install the Kunena Lithuaniuan language pack for K 3.0.4
  18. Test that things are working
  19. Repeat the test that causes the problems you have in this topic

A lot of work - should take you about 3-4 hours. I hope this helps.

I have some quesions.

Make sure that your new site has all the Joomla articles and users from the old J! 1.5 site

you mean, that I should to transfer articles and users using remigration?

Export the Kunena tables from the old J! 1.5 site to the new J! 3.2 site

You mean, that I should to do this manualy from my database? Should I change prefix after?

Run the Kunena installation procedure to convert the old Kunena data structures to K 3.0.4

You mean kunena installation, then data structures will change automaticaly?

And I dont understand when I should to start use remigration component, after 8 point?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #22 by chrustik
And How I should to configure seo?

More
10 years 2 months ago #23 by sozzled
I left out a lot of details in my earlier message. For example, step 1 - Create a brand new, completely empty J! 3.2.1 website; set protostar as the default frontend site template - takes about 1 hour (or more) to do.

If you have questions about specific things (for example, how to setup Joomla SEO) please start a new topic for each question or search the forum for information about these things. Setting up Joomla SEO is not a Kunena thing; it is a Joomla thing. There is information in the Wiki that will help you to setup Joomla SEO. Setting up Joomla SEO takes about 5 minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrustik

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #24 by rich

10. Export the Kunena tables from the old J! 1.5 site to the new J! 3.2 site
11. Run the Kunena installation procedure to convert the old Kunena data structures to K 3.0.4

I'm afraid, step 11 does not work, if your old table are prefix_fb.
Then you must go the detour over K 2.
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2211
The problem with this is that you can not install K 2 on Joomla 3.2
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #25 by sozzled
Quite right, rich.

As I mentioned a couple of messages ago, I left out a lot of details. Of course, the best idea (if migrating a J! 1.5 website with a Kunena forum) is to make sure that you're running K 2.0.4 on the old J! 1.5 site first and then export the tables from the J! 1.5 site and import them to the new J! 3.2 site. When the new tables have been imported, the table prefixes have to be renamed, too.

These activities involve another half-hour's work. As we can see, there are a lot more than 19 "simple" steps involved. Some of these steps take a few minutes and some of the steps take an hour or more. I don't really remember exactly how long it took me to migrate one of my J! 1.5 sites to J! 3.2 but the whole task of putting the new J! 3.2 site together took me about 10 days.

It's a big job.

We're now wandering off-topic from the original question which is why the avatar image upload is not working on this user's website - and I don't really know the reason for that - and we're now discussing how to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2 as a way of working around the problem.

It might be better if we close this topic and discuss migration issues elsewhere. What do you think?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #26 by rich
You're right, should be a custom topic. Migration it's a big job and has nothing to do with avatars. :)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #27 by chrustik
with migration Im done. Everything looks well. Come back side by side avatars upload topic. After migration I can upload avatars, but... Then I copied avatars from old site to new site, then the problem come back...I cant upload avatars... what I should to do, if I want, that users can have the old own avatars?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by chrustik.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #28 by rich
What happens if you upload the same image in a message?

More
10 years 2 months ago #29 by chrustik
if Im trying upload witgout text im got eroro:

JFolder::create: Nepavyko sukurti katalogoPath: /home/kibkit/domains/kibkit.lt/public_html/new/media/kunena/attachments/62

if Im trying upload with text, attachment missing.

More
10 years 2 months ago #30 by chrustik
Im fix it, a lot of directories and sub Im change permisions from 755 to 777.
media/kunena/avatars
media/kunena/avatars/gallery
media/kunena/avatars/resized
media/kunena/avatars/users

and lot of sub of their firectories...

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds